Did Dish Network ever enable the "add locals" feature for the OTA dongle?

Those of you with the rotary OTA with issues of reprogramming each time you changed your antenna direction - Have you tried doing this with your antenna plugged in directly to your HDTV and doing the antenna scan and then re-pointing your antenna then doing a direct entry of that new channel (which ever way your antenna is pointing)? I know that when I go into different market I must do a manual rescan of my cable / OTA channels when plugging into different CATV system - due to the digital programming thats now done since we all changed over to digital services. I believe that is the same issue that Dish is having with their OTA module - which I have one as well.

The problem is about scanning with the Hopper OTA module.

When you scan it wipes out the previous scan AND you cannot manually enter a channel into the scan matrix.

If you are really good with your rotator you could point the antenna at the first channel that it scans (lowest RF channel), start the scan and as the scan progresses swing the antenna to point at the desired stations, that of course assumes that channels that are near to each other aren't 180 degrees apart.

When I went to the Hopper I gaine d signal strength on some DC stations and it m-----at the expense of WBFF in Baltimore. I wish i could try an add or could even check signal strength. ade WMAR in Baltimore viewable Too bad. WBFF soetimes has different footbll games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)