Did I miss Hopper/Joey pricing announcement?

I don't remember seeing anything other than "pricing to be announced" from the CES coverage, no date given.

an arm and a leg for the hopper
your other arm for a joey

and your first born for monthly fees

No info yet. They didn't say they were going to announce it on the chat, I was just hoping they would. They didn't give out any more info about the Hopper than we already know. The only informative thing they talked about was their new satellite internet offer. Was a pretty boring show otherwise.

No info yet. They didn't say they were going to announce it on the chat, I was just hoping they would. They didn't give out any more info about the Hopper than we already know. The only informative thing they talked about was their new satellite internet offer. Was a pretty boring show otherwise.

Mea Culpa. I thought I read in one of the half dozen threads about the hopper / joey that pricing / avail would be discussed at the chat.

Miner

Mea Culpa. I thought I read in one of the half dozen threads about the hopper / joey that pricing / avail would be discussed at the chat.

Miner

Like most discussion on Hooper/Joey, it's all speculation.... There are many things that we do know, pricing isn't one of them...

Like most discussion on Hooper/Joey, it's all speculation.... There are many things that we do know, pricing isn't one of them...

True. Most of us remember the hype around the 922, the announced features and functionality that never materialized. Hopefully that won't happen here.

True. Most of us remember the hype around the 922, the announced features and functionality that never materialized. Hopefully that won't happen here.

Agreed. One thing I don't see here is promising a lot of extra features. They aren't talking about browsers or any other add ons like with the 922, just basic functionality and how things are supposed to work. Even for OTA it seems the answer has to almost be pried out of them, because they don't expect it to be a day one item.

If they can deliver on the basics reliably they will have a winner. If not, then they will catch all sort of deserved grief.

Orlando is the rumor for announcement(s).

Someone has already guessed this, but I am going to second it. I think the announcement will be made on Feb 29, Leap Day. It fits perfectly within the first quarter, matches Scott's comments about before end of first quarter and it would seem to match Joe Clayton's love of cheesy naming and timing. Hopper hops to us on Leap Day.

Maybe they will do AT 250 free for a year Give A way in each major city for the first 50 new customers or something similar to like they did when the 922 first came out and they were doing there FREE HD promo. The promo could be Hop on over to the Hopper on Leap day or something like that. Full page AD.

Just a suggestion . . .

They are trying to figure out how many fees they can pull out of our pockets for the Hopper and Joey and how it will make them more than the current setups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)