Differance between

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have both HR20, HR21, and find only these differences other then OTA in HR20:
1. Slightly different color schemes (maybe because I use different TV inputs). I like HR21 colors more.
2. Different resolution for program guide. I like the look of HR20 guide more.

The obvious aesthetic difference is that the HR20 is silver and the HR21 is black. They are made by different manufacturers, and I believe the HR21 has a slightly larger hard drive. I thought I remembered that something is different in terms of networking, but can't remember what off the top of my head.

There are a few other threads on this topic out there - not sure how easy they are to find via search (based on specific wording).

Some models of the HR20/21 are made by the same manufacture. IIRC, the HR20-700/HR21-700 are made by Pace and the HR20-100/HR21-100 are made by Thompson. The -XXX number indicates who makes the various STB's for D*.

The HR21 also has two network jacks(RJ45). One is for pass through. If you have a second DVR, you can connect into the second jack on the HR21 and not have to have a home run to the router.

The HR21 also has a 320Gb HD vs the 300Gb in the HR20.

The HR21 has Digital Audio Coax as well as Optical. The HR21-700 only has Optical. IIRC the HR20-100 has Coax.

The HR21 is gloss black and the HR20 is matte grey.

Functionally everything else is pretty much the same. However, sometimes the firmware for the HR21 is a step behind the HR20.

IMHO, the HR21 is much quiter than the HR20.

Mike

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)