Differance between

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have both HR20, HR21, and find only these differences other then OTA in HR20:
1. Slightly different color schemes (maybe because I use different TV inputs). I like HR21 colors more.
2. Different resolution for program guide. I like the look of HR20 guide more.

The obvious aesthetic difference is that the HR20 is silver and the HR21 is black. They are made by different manufacturers, and I believe the HR21 has a slightly larger hard drive. I thought I remembered that something is different in terms of networking, but can't remember what off the top of my head.

There are a few other threads on this topic out there - not sure how easy they are to find via search (based on specific wording).

Some models of the HR20/21 are made by the same manufacture. IIRC, the HR20-700/HR21-700 are made by Pace and the HR20-100/HR21-100 are made by Thompson. The -XXX number indicates who makes the various STB's for D*.

The HR21 also has two network jacks(RJ45). One is for pass through. If you have a second DVR, you can connect into the second jack on the HR21 and not have to have a home run to the router.

The HR21 also has a 320Gb HD vs the 300Gb in the HR20.

The HR21 has Digital Audio Coax as well as Optical. The HR21-700 only has Optical. IIRC the HR20-100 has Coax.

The HR21 is gloss black and the HR20 is matte grey.

Functionally everything else is pretty much the same. However, sometimes the firmware for the HR21 is a step behind the HR20.

IMHO, the HR21 is much quiter than the HR20.

Mike

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)