• IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 351
Asket said:
You planning a DC2 Service?

Perhaps maybe a test on a ku bird some Friday night.

tvropro said:
Was that one of NPS's old encrypters :rolleyes:

LOL came from TN so maybe an old scripts unit.

I just need a KU BUC plus a few other things

All u need is some dollar store RCA cables and one of those 1.8 meter Hughes net dishes with an uplink buc. Then u can hook up a VHS VCR or beta VCR and play old movies on horizons 2

Maybe this DinoCyipher can be hook up to the Cband input of our 4dtv's to load the Maps in case of a Master reset! J/K

I wish!! There is a port for the SAC on the encoder. Don't know but with some rigging if a DAC 6000 would work only problem with that is Motorola will not activate unless you have a cable system they refuse to turn one on in a warehouse environment. (A company they bought got burned once back in the day thus the reason analog test chips came out)

LOL!! No I am not NPS.

Well maybe you could sell it to freedbs, they could use it to uplink that tractor video. :D ROTFL!!!

If you do try to be like NPS, remember to play the VHS tape a couple of hundred times first, before uplinking to sat. That way, you can be up to their standards. ;)

Cheers

You know I'm corious too as what do I have to buy to connect a commercial receiver to a regular tv.
I have one also and it's sitting in the garage simply because there is noway it can be connected to a tv.
What do I have to buy to connect these receivers in to?
Are they expensive?

If your rx has baseband output, BNC to RCA should do. Good luck with audio (dXLR here, still haven't figured it out)

Whats BNC?
And yeah I know the audio out on my receiver looks weird too so I don't know what kind of interface that is.

More properly known as the Bayonet Neill-Concelman connector, the BNC connector is one of several radio frequency connectors on the market today. The name of the connector is derived from a combination of two things: 1) the connecting technology employed; and 2) the names of the two inventors of the device. Paul Neill of Bell Labs and Carl Concelman sought to develop a connector that would employ a bayonet mount mechanism for locking. Building on the research of Octavio M. Salati, the two men perfected an earlier design and created this small connector that has been used for a number of applications over the last several decades.

Regards,

Candid

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)