Digital sparkles

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
Just was wondering if any body knows why there would sparkles on a digital channel C4 581, still in the process of programming my receiver and fine tuning my dish so haven't subscribed or been able to check any others.:confused:

digital doesnt have sparklies like analog did.

If you didnt subscribe, is that a free channel that you are getting?

digital doesnt have sparklies like analog did.

Unless the channel is encoded to digital from an analog signal with sparkes. Bell tv was like that on a couple channels back in the late 90's that they picked up from the analog c-band feed. I haven't seen any other sparklie digital channels though.

C4 581 is Northwest Cable News, a clear channel.

You might have a skew problem. Try adjusting the skew and see if the sparklies go away.

I've experienced something similar. Just 2 days ago I was tuning my BUD, and I was reprogramming the satellites and was looking for "G1 - channel 100". To my surprise a shop-at-home channel came in - analog.. I saw the sparlies bet better/worse as I tweaked the dish. I'm starting to wonder if my channel map is messed up in my model 920. I really wasn't specting an analog picture while tuning in what I thought was supposed to be a digital channel.

I've experienced something similar. Just 2 days ago I was tuning my BUD, and I was reprogramming the satellites and was looking for "G1 - channel 100". To my surprise a shop-at-home channel came in - analog.. I saw the sparlies bet better/worse as I tweaked the dish. I'm starting to wonder if my channel map is messed up in my model 920. I really wasn't specting an analog picture while tuning in what I thought was supposed to be a digital channel.

Got more satellites programmed like W5 don't see that on black belt channel must just be something with that channel on c4 because quality is showing in the 60's signal 100%

It would almost have to be that maybe the channel originates as analog and is encoded to dc II. The master broadcast signal reception is lousy and all the sparklies and noise is being digitized with the desireable image.

I have seen this in the past on a couple others. It could be temporary if a piece of equipment is down and they may be using analog as backup.

I have seen what looks like sparkles on DC II but it's not sparkles as in analog. I think it has something to do with noise in the video signal before adding it to the encoder. Could be electrical in nature. I've even seen cases where there may be pops in the audio.

Just was wondering if any body knows why there would sparkles on a digital channel C4 581, still in the process of programming my receiver and fine tuning my dish so haven't subscribed or been able to check any others.:confused:
I just checked that channel and mine's doing it too. Also the audio seems to be changing levels, up and down a little. My reception is excellent on all other DCII channels, so it's not your system causing it.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)