DirecTivo HR10-250 Blowout!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've been a D* customer for a little over a year, but never buckled down to buy the HD-Tivo (got standard HD receiver on that TV). We just got a second HDTV that just has an SD-Tivo hooked up to it, so I've been praying for a deal. What are the chances they'd give 2 of them for free? A few months ago, I signed up for ST for the first time with monthly payments, so hopefully that means I'd qualify?

I'm going to come back later to see what kind of luck people are having, and may just have to call tonight!

Robert - I loved doing business with you in the past, but free definitely beats $400... :D

So I'm on the phone with retention right now. They are telingme, they do in fact have this deal...

However, because I am in Houston (MPEG-4 locals), they cannot give me the HR10-250 because I wouldn't be able to get locals.

In a perfect worl, they would just give me this now, I'd get my locals OTA, and then they can swap me out when the HR20 comes out.

This sucks.

Smitty20 said:
So I'm on the phone with retention right now. They are telingme, they do in fact have this deal...

However, because I am in Houston (MPEG-4 locals), they cannot give me the HR10-250 because I wouldn't be able to get locals.

In a perfect worl, they would just give me this now, I'd get my locals OTA, and then they can swap me out when the HR20 comes out.

This sucks.

NNNOOOOO!!! I would be in the same boat, San Diego with locals.

Of course they would offer this deal when some of the major cities already have been converted.

vgsantiago said:
NNNOOOOO!!! I would be in the same boat, San Diego with locals.

Of course they would offer this deal when some of the major cities already have been converted.

Hold on, we may have a solution....

vgsantiago said:

Copied from other thread:

*Note* - If you already have a 5LNB, you may be SOL...

OK, So the HDTivo deal got me curious. Since D* is apparently trying to get rid of these HR10's, I figured I'd better jump on this now...

But here's a little background:

I recently moved from Minneapolis to Houston. May 1st to be exact. At that time I put my account into "suspend", with a start date of July 1st, because I'm in corporate housing until then.

I'm building a home that is expected to close on June 30th. We hope!

So, I was just going to wait until I had a concrete closing date to book the "move."

But, I didn't want to miss this HR10 deal.

So I called into retention. The CSR was very nice and very helpful. She found the deal, but her computer wouldn't let her choose it with a delivery location of Houston becasue of the MPEG-4 locals. (Minneapolis has not been upgraded, yet)

So, I was SOL!

This peaked my curiosity, so I asked "Will I have to replace my RCA DTC-210 as well, and if so, what's that gonna cost me?"

She wasn't sure, and since my account was in suspend, she couldn't tell for sure. So, she offered to "pretend" we were setting up my move now, to see what the computer would allow her to do.

She set a move date for July1st, and popped in my new address. She said "yep, we're gonna have to swap out your RCA for an H20, and we'll do that for free. You're 3 other DirecTivo's will be fine. And it's also letting me choose a 3LNB dish, rather than a 5LNB. It should require a 5LNB. Weird."

So, I said "If you can select the 3LNB, then I should be able to get the HR10, right? And just not be able to get HD locals on that reciever?"

She says "Not sure. Let's try it."

So now the "move" install is set up for a 3LNB dish, a new H20, and my 3 DVR's.

She goes back into the other system, and finds the HR10 promo, pulls up my account, and sure enuf, there is the HR10 as a selection for my account.

She sets up another install for the same date and time as the "move"install to deliver/setup the HR10. Only charge to me is the $20 shipping/handling fee.

Then she ties both job numbers together, so the local installer will see that there are 2 jobs for the same day at the same address.

She says "we're good to go!"

I say "So, if I got this right, I'l get a new H20 (for my DTC-210), a new HR10, a 3LNB dish, and 4 total recievers installed for $20?"

She says "Yessir"

analogkid12 said:
HR-10 250 is free with renewal of Sunday Ticket, called retention today, could not be easier, only charge is $19.95 shipping, got 3 months free Directv HD free, nothing else though...

I just called retention to try to get the HR-10 250 with Sunday Tciket. They told me that they know of no such offer. My heart level must be down to 0.2324 in that I just cancelled Sunday Ticket last week after having it for eleven years, including Superfan last year. I cancelled last week because the Superfan is just a bad idea.

It is my guess that you need a heart level of 3.892 out of 4 to get the promotion. Bogus. I'll try to get a different CSR.

Don

scottie_h said:
I've been a D* customer for a little over a year, but never buckled down to buy the HD-Tivo (got standard HD receiver on that TV). We just got a second HDTV that just has an SD-Tivo hooked up to it, so I've been praying for a deal. What are the chances they'd give 2 of them for free? A few months ago, I signed up for ST for the first time with monthly payments, so hopefully that means I'd qualify?

I'm going to come back later to see what kind of luck people are having, and may just have to call tonight!

Robert - I loved doing business with you in the past, but free definitely beats $400... :D

Thanks for the kind words. No problem, I'm with you, glad you got the deal.

-Robert

Brewer4 said:
Dont get me wrong Robert, 400 bucks relative to 1k is a great price. But....., most D* subscribers should not have to shell out that amount. If you are in individual that doesnt want long term commitments, hates leasing, and plan on using Tivo beyond MPEG4 upgrades, it makes all the sense in the world.

Thanks Brewer4, I agree. But for those who don't want the NFL or don't qualify for any number of reasons, the $399.00 deal is very good. DIRECTV and all other authorized dealers will also be at $399.

With the new lower price for this terrific HD TiVo DVR which is available to everyone on a lease or own basis we added the value of free shipping, double boxing every order to ensure safe delivery to your home. No sales tax and our very nice premium HD DVR T-shirt.

$399.00 delivered to your door in style. Last call before the last of the greatest of all time HD TiVo DVRs are all gone.

-Robert

So I just got off the phone with Retention, and was told that offer was only available for "auto-renew" ST customers. Looks like I'll be calling back... :)

i must have gotten the same guy. he said it is an auto renew promo for existing nfl sunday tix patrons. and is not available to the general public. you have to get some mailer or something. he said that the internet forum threads are not correct. also told me there was no current promo available on these units.

Called, and recieved the promo, and I'm "not" the best about paying my bill..... (I am an auto-renew btw)

fkostyn said:
Called, and recieved the promo, and I'm "not" the best about paying my bill..... (I am an auto-renew btw)
Just curious - what specifically did you ask for? The HD-Tivo deal for ST subscribers? Does this include installation (assuming you get the deal)?

I haven't made my second call yet - figured I'd let a little bit of time lapse...

Thanks, everybody, for the info. I just got off the phone with retention and got an HD Tivo for free (+ about $20 shipping) with a 2-year commitment. Like someone else mentioned, the 2-year commitment doesn't mean much to me since as long as DirecTV has the NFL Sunday Ticket exclusively, I will be a subscriber.

The rep I spoke with said that this offer is valid for subscribers who have ST active on their accounts.

This will be my 2nd HD Tivo, and I don't even have my 2nd HDTV yet! That purchase is planned for July or August.

MJC

Stargazer said:
Are you going to change your s/n DTV TIVO DEALER once they quit selling the Tivo's ?

Ya, big bummer for me. I have been DTV TiVo Dealer on several forums since early 2002.

Help, me come up with an appropriate new name. Any suggestions?

-Robert

2nd call was a charm! Free HD-Tivo with installation. Also credited my account for the 19.99 shipping charge, and 3 months free HD package.

I did ask if there was a limit of one, figuring it was a long-shot, and she said there is a limit of 1.

I'm scheduled for installation next Monday afternoon!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)