DirecTivo HR10-250 Blowout!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am torn. I have an old RCA40 Tivo hooked up to the SD Sony downstairs that works great and an H20 upstairs. I really want a DVR upstairs (My wife loves the Tivo interface, I could care less just as long as it records).

Ah decisions...get the H10-250 Tivo unit and lose my MPEG4 channels (I get 'em with the antenna anyway) or wait it out until the HR20-250 gets released.

How is the OTA tuner in the H10-250? I had an H10 high def receiver before my H20 and it was terrible for OTA (the H20 is much better).

Proc said:
I am torn. I have an old RCA40 Tivo hooked up to the SD Sony downstairs that works great and an H20 upstairs. I really want a DVR upstairs (My wife loves the Tivo interface, I could care less just as long as it records).

Ah decisions...get the H10-250 Tivo unit and lose my MPEG4 channels (I get 'em with the antenna anyway) or wait it out until the HR20-250 gets released.

How is the OTA tuner in the H10-250? I had an H10 high def receiver before my H20 and it was terrible for OTA (the H20 is much better).

I have both an H-20 and an HR10-250 hooked up to an OTA antenna. The tuner on the H-20 is quite a bit more sensitive than the HR10-250's tuner. The HR10-250's tuner is adequate (it pulls in all my available locals) but the H-20 is better.

They are over a week out for me :( - but - Phx just went to the HD Locals on the sat a few weeks ago.

I think I'm going to "switch out" my 3lnb dish to a single LNB before they get here to make 'em put up a 5lnb :)

I called and got my second HD Tivo for $21 for shipping and tax. I had a 2nd one but gave it to a friend 6 months ago. I am missing it so decided to call. I asked about the offer initially and she couldnt offer it since it was for folks that want to cancel Sunday Ticket. So I said I would like to cancel. Unit shows up next Thursday. :)

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Help, me come up with an appropriate new name. Any suggestions?

How about Mr. Value, as you sell so much more then just DirecTV and you always have great prices.

Its funny the CSR wouldnt refer to the unit as the HD Tivo. She kept calling it HD DVR. Here is my order on website. I think a swap may be in system when the new one comes out (see bold line)??? I should have asked when on the phone. Not that I would unless other stuff goes MPEG4. Dont need my locals over sat.

Description Unit Price Quantity Price

Handling $19.95 1 $19.95
Standard Professional Install
Installation Date and Time:
Thursday, June 15 Morning (8 AM to 12 Noon) $0.00 1 $0.00
HD DVR $0.00 1 $0.00
Swap New DVR IRD $0.00 1 $0.00
DIRECTV 18x20 Triple LNB Satellite Dish $0.00 1 $0.00

Subtotal: $19.95

Tax: $2.19
Total: $22.14

This looks like an attempt to try to save their overpriced NFL package, which people are dropping like flies, while ignoring other customers who purchase a lot more from them.

Why would they offer a free DVR to a person who buys a basic package and the NFL package, and spends $733.00 a year for the two packages. Yet, they don't make the same offer to the person who buys the Premier package and the HD package and spends over $1300 a year for it, and doesn't care for the football package.

Not a very good sign to customers who purchase a lot of programing.

I would just change my name to ValueElectronics.com. Perhaps it could link to your website. Maybe Scott would allow it for sponsors

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I had my set for auto-renewal and said that I was considering dropping ST but had read about an offer for a free HD DVR if I would keep my auto-renewal. He said yes, then came back after about 90 seconds on hold and asked if I agreed to the terms (w/ the $19.95 "shipping").

I told the CSR that since I already have a 5LNB dish for my H20, and a multiswitch installed for my two other Tivo's (one SD, one HD), all that the installer will need to do is run a 2nd line to the location for this new DVR (to replace a RCA DTC210) which would be a very easy install... so I would like the $19.95 waived. He did so without any hesitation. Don't pay that $19.95 "shipping" charge guys, they don't actually ship it to you, they require an installer to come out even if you don't need one.

This sounds great, with the Niners looking to lose again I figure to get sunday ticket anyhow.

first I have to figure which receiver to replace. Hopefully rentention will give it too me, 10 years with them only once did I ask for any discounts. plus I've been going 3 months without a committment, I'm sure getting me on 2 year commitment will be nice for them also.

here's the deal i got on this unit:
399.00 Price(payments over 3 months)
100.00 Instant credit(down to 299.00)
120.00(10.00 a month) in retention credits spread out over 12months
Total for HD DVR(179.00)
Free Hd Pack for 3 months
10.00 off HBO 6 months
Free Showtime 6 months.

I'm not an NFL ST sub. I just told the more than personable retention rep that i would like the best offer on the current hd dvr that she could poss. do for me. when i asked about the new dvr, she said they would swap it out. I already have an h20 and the 5 lnb dish.as well as ota, so the hd locals over the sat are covered.(avail 6/28;) i'm happy with this deal. it wasn't free, but for 179.00 i can't complain.

herkulease said:
This sounds great, with the Niners looking to lose again I figure to get sunday ticket anyhow.

first I have to figure which receiver to replace. Hopefully rentention will give it too me, 10 years with them only once did I ask for any discounts. plus I've been going 3 months without a committment, I'm sure getting me on 2 year commitment will be nice for them also.

Definately call. I would even ask for more than the HD DVR. 10 years. You've paid alot of $$$. Whats free HBO for a valued customer? ;)

wyatt9696 said:
here's the deal i got on this unit:
399.00 Price(payments over 3 months)
100.00 Instant credit(down to 299.00)
120.00(10.00 a month) in retention credits spread out over 12months
Total for HD DVR(179.00)
Free Hd Pack for 3 months
10.00 off HBO 6 months
Free Showtime 6 months.

I'm not an NFL ST sub. I just told the more than personable retention rep that i would like the best offer on the current hd dvr that she could poss. do for me. when i asked about the new dvr, she said they would swap it out. I already have an h20 and the 5 lnb dish.as well as ota, so the hd locals over the sat are covered.(avail 6/28;) i'm happy with this deal. it wasn't free, but for 179.00 i can't complain.

If they actually come and swap out our HD-DVRs with the new one, I'll be suprised.

Only time will tell, though...

I just tried to order and was shot down. I was told that I had to call the correct phone number (I called 800-824-9081) and have a code. The csr also specifically asked if I had learned of this offer through a forum.

Anyone know what the correct phone number and code are?

I tried 3 times and was shot down each time...told there was no such offer...WTF???

Nice. I got them to give me the deal and delay the install (actually running a second line to my room) until quite a bit later from now. My account was already on suspend until football season so this works nicely.

I just called D* to inquire about this deal....and was shot down. The CSR (very nice I might add) claimed this deal is only available to current ST holders that wanted to cancel....and it was not available to first time ST subscribers. I've been trying to confirm this.

Is there anyone who has gotten this deal as a first time ST subscriber?

vtfan99 said:
Is there anyone who has gotten this deal as a first time ST subscriber?
See page 1 of this thread.

I am not a "returning" ST customer, but did sign up about 3 months ago. I was told on my first call that only customers that had ST last season and have auto-renew qualify. I can now vouch for the fact that this is simply not true. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts