DIRECTV 11 - Launch now reported as March 9th - Update: Delivered to SeaLaunch (1/26)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
After a few days' delay due to high winds and strong ocean currents, we have resumed our countdown, with liftoff now planned for Tuesday, Nov 20, at 7:29 am PST (15:29 GMT). We will begin our live launch coverage at 7:15am (15:15 GMT).

Sorry for the noobish question, but does this mean more HD channels on the way from DTV?
Maybe time for DTV to break the 100+ HD channels mark :)

This bird they are referring to, Thuraya 3, is in front of DirecTV 11 on the launch schedule (its on the pad now), and any time it is delayed it pushes back everyone behind it being launched by this company; and YES, DirecTV 11 will mean more channels.

This bird they are referring to, Thuraya 3, is in front of DirecTV 11 on the launch schedule (its on the pad now), and any time it is delayed it pushes back everyone behind it being launched by this company; and YES, DirecTV 11 will mean more channels.
Thanks for the explanation :)

Now delayed until Wednesday

------------------------------
Oh!... :eek: According to Launches the launch date is TBD now (but it is placed in the middle of December)... :(
--------------------------------------------------------
Not good news for Direct-11 launch in Jan.08??

I wouldn't put a TBD ahead of the information on the Sea Launch website. The duration from launch to go live should be less than it was with DIRECTV 10 as DIRECTV 11 doesn't have to establish an equatorial orbit.

It appears that the ship will be returning to port w/o a launch....any Boeing people on here hear anything? There is normally a 60 day turn-around time between launches.

It appears that the ship will be returning to port w/o a launch....any Boeing people on here hear anything? There is normally a 60 day turn-around time between launches.

the last time i asked my sea launch contact, i was politely told to check the website, as its updated daily. right now, i'm thinking mid-february for directv 11, if thuraya 3 goes up this week.

the last time i asked my sea launch contact, i was politely told to check the website, as its updated daily. right now, i'm thinking mid-february for directv 11, if thuraya 3 goes up this week.
------------------
Well I just checked the live webcam and guess what? The rocket is back out of the hanger and standing tall!! Sea Launch Webcam page
I wish SeaLaunch would annouce something on the website!

------------------
Well I just checked the live webcam and guess what? The rocket is back out of the hanger and standing tall!! Sea Launch Webcam page
I wish SeaLaunch would annouce something on the website!

maybe, late today or tommorrow. depends on the weather which has been very uncooperative. they've been trying almost 2 weeks now to get thuraya 3 up and i'm sensing some tension/frustration at sea launch.

Rumor says that it's delayed to mid December...yet they're setting the rocket back vertical again...so I'm pretty confused.

Rumor says that it's delayed to mid December...yet they're setting the rocket back vertical again...so I'm pretty confused.

unless that rumor is coming from a highly reliable source. you gotta go with the daily info being provided by sea-launch.

They will attempt to launch each day until 11/29. If they cannot launch by 11/29 they will delay to January. This is mostly due to the fact that the command ship is running short of supplies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)