DirecTV 11 Satellite - Tracking & Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yep - for those not following, Boeing delivery means that D11 is now at its final operational placement - no more moving!

I know people were complaining about how long this took. But this was never promised any earlier than now. Everything about the way this was done was impressive. They took a methodical, safe approach. In the end the customer benefits from a more reliable bird.

I know people were complaining about how long this took. But this was never promised any earlier than now. Everything about the way this was done was impressive. They took a methodical, safe approach. In the end the customer benefits from a more reliable bird.
They were doing some unique testing and this is a very big bird.

"The newest spacecraft in DIRECTV's fleet will begin transmitting additional national high-definition signals for the nation's leading satellite TV provider, and expand DIRECTV's HD platform to up to 150 national channels and local HD channels in well over 100 markets by this fall."

Any guesses as to what "well over 100 markets" might mean? I live in DMA #100 (or #101 by some accounting)...does this mean I might in that "well over" category? :D :hungry:

Not to sound dumb, but how are some of you seeing zeros? If I go to Satellite in the Setup section under Menu I see readings for 101, 110 and 119 and that's it.

Not to sound dumb, but how are some of you seeing zeros? If I go to Satellite in the Setup section under Menu I see readings for 101, 110 and 119 and that's it.

Do you have a 5LNB dish? Sounds like you only have the 3LNB if you can only see those orbital positions.

Do you have a 5LNB dish? Sounds like you only have the 3LNB if you can only see those orbital positions.

That could be it. I was checking with the receiver in the computer room, which is a non-HD receiver and it says 3LNB. I've got the HD-DVR out in the living room and that says 5LNB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.