DIRECTV Adds New HD Channels for Fall

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here is the list they are giving from that site.

DirecTV's HD 100: The List Grows

A&E (Sept.)
Altitude (RSN; Dish launching in HD this fall)
Animal Planet (Sept.)
Big Ten Network *
Bravo *
Cartoon Network *
Chiller
CNBC
CNN *
Comcast SportsNet Chicago HD
Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic HD
Discovery Channel (Sept.)
Discovery HD Theater (channel 76)
ESPN HD (channel 73)
ESPN2 HD (channel 72)
Food Network *
FSN Arizona
FSN Bay Area
FSN Detroit
FSN Florida
FSN New England
FSN North
FSN Northwest
FSN Ohio
FSN Prime Ticket
FSN Rocky Mountain
FSN South
FSN Southwest
FSN West
FX *
HBO HD (channel 70)
HDNet (channel 79)
HDNet Movies (channel 78)
HGTV *
MTV *
NGC HD (channel 98 - sneak peek only)
New England Sports Network HD (channel 623)
NFL Network *
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 1
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 2
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 3
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 4
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 5
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 6
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 7
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 8
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 9
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 10
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 11
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 12
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 13
Pay-Per-View HD (channel 99)
SCI FI Channel *
Showtime HD (channel 71)
Showtime West *
Speed *
SportsNet New York HD (channel 625)
SportsSouth (RSN; now in HD on Dish)
Starz East coast feed (Sept.)
Starz West coast feed (Sept.)
Starz Comedy (Sept.)
Starz Edge (Sept.)
Starz Kids & Family (Sept.)
Sun Sports (RSN now in HD on Dish)
TBS *
The 101 (part-time HD)
The History Channel (Sept.)
The Movie Channel *
The Science Channel (Sept.)
The Tennis Channel *
The Weather Channel (Sept.) *
TLC (Sept.)
TNT HD (channel 75)
Universal HD (channel 74)
USA Network *
Versus *
YES HD (channel 622)
+ 2 TBA Discovery-owned networks

HD channels launching in 2008:

ABC Family
Disney Channel
ESPNEWS HD
Toon Disney

* Announced

God, I really wish Turner Classic Movies, Fox Movie Channel, and IFC would get around to deploying HD channels for their content.

God, I really wish Turner Classic Movies, Fox Movie Channel, and IFC would get around to deploying HD channels for their content.

On a related note, why are people with hd sets going to pay the same amount for hbo or showtime as starz, when starz will apparantly have 5 times the number of hd channels?

actually, directv subscribers don't pay the same amount for all of the premier services. its like 12 for the first (except hbo is $13 regardless), 11 for the second, 9 for the third.......or the figures might be a tad different....but you get the idea!!

looks like a nice assorment of channels.....I was wondering thought about the chiller channel in HD....I dont watch it, but it looks like there shows are older shows. Does that mean that they will have new shows for HD??

I watch Chiller alot now. They do offer older shows like ALfred Hitchcock and Tales from the Crypt. They also have a lot of older movies like Friday the 13th, Psycho, Child's Play etc. Its a very good channel. As far as new stuff, I am not sure what their plans are. YOu can get more info at http://www.chillertv.com/

Wow!!!

Something was telling me to read up on possible updates on D* massive HD launch... And it is almost official! September can't get here quick enough. Starz HD will rule. Chiller HD, the additional Discovery HD's and the 2008 announcements of D* going all the way with MLB's HD offerings and ESPNEWS HD are very impressive. This is so exciting... I can't wait for an exact launch date so I can start counting down the Days, Hours, Minutes and SECONDS! D* shall rule all in HD!!!

Something was telling me to read up on possible updates on D* massive HD launch... And it is almost official! September can't get here quick enough. Starz HD will rule. Chiller HD, the additional Discovery HD's and the 2008 announcements of D* going all the way with MLB's HD offerings and ESPNEWS HD are very impressive. This is so exciting... I can't wait for an exact launch date so I can start counting down the Days, Hours, Minutes and SECONDS! D* shall rule all in HD!!!

Sat launch has been posted for awhile now, looks like June 20th
The actual channels will start to roll in , in September, I would imagine a few at a time.... It's not going to happen over night on a perticular night.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Sat launch has been posted for awhile now, looks like June 20th
The actual channels will start to roll in , in September, I would imanine a few at a time.... It's not going to happen over night on a perticular night.

Jimbo

Maybe, but wouldn't it be nice to one morning fire up your MPEG4 STB and find 40 or 50 new HD channels listed in the guide?:D

charper must be the happiest man alive. two years carrying water for D* and their shenanigans is coming to a (merciful) end.

take a bow charpie... you've done yoman's work. :hatsoff:

can't wait to finally see you on the offensive.

charper must be the happiest man alive. two years carrying water for D* and their shenanigans is coming to a (merciful) end.

Their shenanigans? You mean that they posted their plan to roll out an extensive list of hd channels and they are virtually right on schedule to do that? Is that what you mean by shenanigans? Amazing! How dare they do what they said that they would do! The nerve!

Maybe, but wouldn't it be nice to one morning fire up your MPEG4 STB and find 40 or 50 new HD channels listed in the guide?:D

That would be Awesome !!!
Only problem is , NO ONE would know where to find them, seeing they would either have to place them elswhere or as a .1 type of channel

I actually like the .1 idea, but have a feeling they will shuffle things around and maybe put them in the 1000's as a group, not enough room where they are now !

Jimbo

Their shenanigans? You mean that they posted their plan to roll out an extensive list of hd channels and they are virtually right on schedule to do that? Is that what you mean by shenanigans? Amazing! How dare they do what they said that they would do! The nerve!

Raoul,
You are correct.
Alot of us see this happening, just the way it was originally plan, yourself me and alot of others, you know who you are.....
We have heard the original plan from the beginning, others expected it to happen over night.
However there are alot of people here that have ripped D* here for the last year or so, saying that they will never get here, or it never happens soon enough.
As I have posted may times here.
Patience, it will happen, and now it is starting to take shape.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)