Directv and rain

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pere845

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2018
Boise, Idaho
So when I had Dish, my signal was great even with some heavy rain, for the signal to go out it would have to snow pretty heavy. Now on D* any little rain or snow and good bye signal. I went outside of my apartment building and the dishes seem to be aligned right, there is no trees or buildings but then again when we had it at my old house we still had the signal issues even with the dish aligned and no line of sight issues. Was wondering if anybody also experienced this with D*.

And it doesn't need to be raining at your location to have rain fade. If the clouds between your dish and the satellites are tall enough and have a high moisture content it will also cause an outage, just the way Ka band signal works.

And it doesn't need to be raining at your location to have rain fade. If the clouds between your dish and the satellites are tall enough and have a high moisture content it will also cause an outage, just the way Ka band signal works.
thank you guys for the replies. my only issue though is that I never had these problems with dish, not once...

thank you guys for the replies. my only issue though is that I never had these problems with dish, not once...
Dish is somewhat less prone to rain fade. What are your signal strengths on all transponders in clear weather?

Reactions: Pere845
And often times by the time the rain does get to your place your signal will be great. The storms are typically from the south, the same direction the Sat dish points at (SW)

Get your dish re pointed ....
Also, if you really need the show back you can often times go back to the SD channel and it will work fine .... thats the difference between the KA and the KU Sats.

On all transponders? Can you post what numbers you have right now? You can exclude the 99s and 103s numbers.
IMG_20180408_131227333.jpg

How about the other four sats, 99ca/cb and 103ca/cb?

Whats up with all the zeros on the 101, the rest of the numbers on the 101 look right.
You should not have 4 zeros I don't believe, I never have.

4,12, and 20 are spot beams, I don't know about 21.

Is there any spreadsheets that are pulled up so you can see all the channels on a particular Transponder all at once ?

There are six spotbeams on 101 - 4, 12, 18, 20, 26, and 28. They should all be ignored.

That 0 on tpn 21 could indicate some sort of problem, unless Directv was doing something with it at the moment you did the readings and it really was 0 at that time.

Reactions: Jimbo
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts