Directv and rain

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here's an updated signal reading

Attachments

• IMG_20180409_173112784_LL.jpg
    IMG_20180409_173112784_LL.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 145
Other sats are between 70-90 while 99s and 103s are N/A
If your numbers are as low as 70, you may need to have your dish realigned. Also, you should have a reading on 103s t15 and t23. That's where the Boise locals are.

If your numbers are as low as 70, you may need to have your dish realigned. Also, you should have a reading on 103s t15 and t23. That's where the Boise locals are.
My mistake, I am picking up signal on those Transponders but I am going to talk to my apartment landlord about getting the dish realigned as some of the transponders are in the 70s

My mistake, I am picking up signal on those Transponders but I am going to talk to my apartment landlord about getting the dish realigned as some of the transponders are in the 70s
On the 103s t15 and t23, and all of the other satellites, you should have numbers in the uppers 80s at the least, except the ones on 101 we have already discussed.

Reactions: Pere845
As an FYI, if you are experiencing rain fade, you can switch HD feeds to SD and you will get signal. I know it's not ideal,but it beats no signal. Plus, you can always go online and stream. I understand you want to fix this issue and lose signal as little as possible, but just wanted to throw this out there

As an FYI, if you are experiencing rain fade, you can switch HD feeds to SD and you will get signal. I know it's not ideal,but it beats no signal. Plus, you can always go online and stream. I understand you want to fix this issue and lose signal as little as possible, but just wanted to throw this out there
I mentioned that as well earlier.
You can still lose signal on the SD side, just takes more effort !

Are these settings ok on the 101?

1-8 - One 64
9-16 - One 0
17-24 - One 0
25-32 - One 76 and one 0

All the rest are upper 90's and 100's.

What happens when the SD feeds are cut off, will they just boost the power on the HD side?
I am not sure anyone knows what will happen in 2019 with the SD channels. Some think they are going to still have SD duplicates but they will become MPEG 4, or they will just have the SD version of channel if it doesn't have a HD version of it. Others think they will HD duplicates and put all the popular HD channels on the 101. It will be interesting to see what happens if they do go all HD in 2019 and have no SD channels at all with HD staying out longer in bad weather. I guess AT&T could say just use the APP when the HD channels stay out longer in bad weather. Or maybe they could let DTV customers have DTV NOW for free and use that for bad weather backup?

Last edited:
I am not sure anyone knows what will happen in 2019 with the SD channels. Some think they are going to still have SD duplicates but they will become MPEG 4, or they will just have the SD version of channel if it doesn't have a HD version of it. Others think they will HD duplicates and put all the popular HD channels on the 101. It will be interesting to see what happens if they do go all HD in 2019 and have no SD channels at all with HD staying out longer in bad weather. I guess AT&T could say just use the APP when the HD channels stay out longer in bad weather. Or maybe they could let DTV customers have DTV NOW for free and use that for bad weather backup?
I do believe when you lose signal one of the on screen suggestions is the DTV app. Imo I believe AT&T has started shifting its focus away from satellite to DTV now but that's a topic for another thread...

What happens when the SD feeds are cut off, will they just boost the power on the HD side?

No, the power on the "HD side" will remain the same. The reason it is somewhat more susceptible to rain fade is because Directv is currently using a higher frequency for MPEG4 HD channels than they do for MPEG2 SD channels (i.e. Ka vs Ku) not because they are using less power than is allowed. If they move some HD channels to 101 then those channels will become less susceptible to rain fade, but we don't know if that's the plan.

BTW, people should quit posting their 101 and asking if its OK. 101 doesn't matter, post your 99ca/99cb/103ca/103cb. Those are what matters. If you have good readings on those then you know you are fine on 101, but it is quite possible to get pretty good readings on 101 and still have a lot of room for improvement on 99/103...

They aren't removing sd feeds, not yet anyways. They will stop using mpeg2 and use only mpeg4 which means everyone will need hd boxes since they are the only ones that work with mpeg4 signals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts