DirecTV Announces Next 24 Markets to Receive HD Locals!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I will stick with the AT-9 over the slim line as long as I can (I have the cal-amp AT-9) the bigger reflector means more siginal directed to the LNBs.

BUT....

The SlimLine can be "slim" (less height) and still have more reflective surface area (gain). Maybe even add lower dB LNBs. Based on the photo it is nice that all the LNBs are in the same enclosed housing / no jumpers exposed to get wet.

AT9: 25.5" x 29.5" = 752.25 sq

The SlimLine could be (based on their photo) close to:

22 x 36 = 792 sq
22 x 35 = 770 sq
21 x 36 = 756 sq

bigmikemac said:
Here's a list of upcoming market launches:

August
Grand Rapids, Memphis, Portland OR, San Antonio

September
Austin, Cincinnati, Las Vegas, Providence, Reno

October
Green Bay, Greensboro, Madison, Portland ME

My Source is
http://directv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/channelChart2.jsp?assetId=1100086

Well... I know Grand Rapids is supposed to be lit up this month according to the site. I called D* yesterday to see if they were live yet. The first customer service rep told me they were, and what equipment I would need. I then asked him if there were any "deals" he could give me on the equipment. He then transfered me to the sales department, where the sales guy told me that the HD locals were not available in my area yet.

I figured since it is D*, that it would be at the last possible day in August, but could they be live, and maybe not everyone's systems in D* offices know it yet?

The locals for my real home market are going online next month, but I could care less because they won't include our rsns in hd outside of the one market I "moved" to. I'm staying put, way to go directv!

Is Grand Rapids, Memphis, Portland OR, San Antonio going online in the next few days or what? August almost over.

Questioner said:
Is Grand Rapids, Memphis, Portland OR, San Antonio going online in the next few days or what? August almost over.

I am in the Grand Rapids market, and we have nothing thus far. I called D* four days ago, and after being told by the CSR that "this fall we have thirty more local HD markets", I decided I would wait until September 1st, then call them back. If they still don't have them yet, I will call them out for posting it on their own website.

D* tends to turn on local markets on Wednesdays, so I'm guessing the 29th will be the day for the August batch of cities.

Newshawk said:
D* tends to turn on local markets on Wednesdays, so I'm guessing the 29th will be the day for the August batch of cities.

That's an odd guess. If they tend to turn on locals on Wednesdays, why would you guess a Tuesday?

Seems odd that Memphis will be turned on this next Wed. when two weeks ago they put up a 3 LNB and said I would not need a 5 LNB or an MPEG 4 until late fall to get locals doesn't it?

geaux1 said:
Seems odd that Memphis will be turned on this next Wed. when two weeks ago they put up a 3 LNB and said I would not need a 5 LNB or an MPEG 4 until late fall to get locals doesn't it?

Not really, they are clueless.

chaddux said:
That's an odd guess. If they tend to turn on locals on Wednesdays, why would you guess a Tuesday?
:eek: :eek: That's what happens when you post late at night with no calendar in front of you! Let me change that to the 30th, then.

Dorry worry about all that, have had nothing but negative comments everytime, about every announcement, and have yet to go back to any of those threads and eat crow. Mark my words if they are "late" on this roll out by even one day, these folks will be all over it like it was the end of the world. EVEN THOUGH it was clearly stated that the rollout months are an estimate and subject to change, but that always forget that part.

Last edited:
charper1 said:
Dorry worry about all that, have had nothing but negative comments everytime, about every announcement, and have yet to go back to any of those threads and eat crow. Mark my words if they are "late" on this roll out by even one day, these folks will be all over it like it was the end of the world.

Especially this guy Questioner who has already been booted out and banned from 2 other forums.

ScoBuck said:
Up to now EVERY announced HD local has been lit AS ANNOUNCED in official press releases.

It's the RedSox that are CLUELESS!

Wow, that was really relevant. I seriously hope you aren't a Yankee fan. You really have to be clueless to spend that much money without a world series.

If you had noticed, I was actually defending directv in the sense that the launch may possibly happen on time, despite what the sub was told. When it comes to delivering accurate information to subs on a one on one level, directv representatives are for the most part clueless. But you never were the brightest bulb in the bunch.

Last edited:
ScoBuck said:
Especially this guy Questioner who has already been booted out and banned from 2 other forums.

More lies. If you don't want to ruin another thread with your petty disputes, pm me instead....or at least try to.

I was not 110% sure if this had been posted yet, and it wasn't worth a new thread either, but I was at a buddy's house tonight and noticed that the Phoenix, AZ indy channel (not WB or UPN either) KTVK-DT (local 3/AZ Family) was live on DirecTV MPEG4. It seems rather encouraging that channels other than the big 4 ARE finding their way onto DBS HD; now, what is the secret?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)