DirecTV Announces Next 24 Markets to Receive HD Locals!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Have the August HDLIL channels come online yet?

Grand Rapids, Memphis, Portland OR, San Antonio?

I'd hate for them to get behind and have the Austin ones pushed out. :(

I am in the Grand Rapids Market. I called today to see if the HD locals are available yet, and suprise, suprise... they are not. I am not mad or anything, just anxious, as the Football is now starting, and I cannot get one of my locals in HD via OTA.

charper1 said:
Dorry worry about all that, have had nothing but negative comments everytime, about every announcement, and have yet to go back to any of those threads and eat crow. Mark my words if they are "late" on this roll out by even one day, these folks will be all over it like it was the end of the world. EVEN THOUGH it was clearly stated that the rollout months are an estimate and subject to change, but that always forget that part.

There can be absolutely NO DOUBT you are correct.

Here is a guy complaining - but was willing to bet everything he had that the new HD-DVR wouldn't be out this year, that the RSNs would not be coming in July, that NESN was NOT gonna be full-time, even said that SanAntoinio was going to get HD lils in June.

Yet - he wastes not even a moment to let everyone know that he 'thinks' that DirecTV has missed a day (and is NOT IN ANY WAY AFFECTED BY IT EITHER).

This from a guy who 'steals' the Boston signal since he resides in the Providence DMA.

Last edited:
I never said any of those things.

I don't live in the Providence DMA either. However, I am sure all of those who have "moved" appreciate your attitude, and there is no specific law as such that classifies "moving" as stealing, at least the way most subs do it . If there ever was a reason to move, it was directv's ridiculous narrow distribution of hd rsns.

And once again, I ask you keep this nonsense to pms, before you get another useful thread locked. No one even cares about my supposed actions on other forums, which is why you keep having to quote the same old post to bring it up again...so lame.

Last edited:
chris_fowler99 said:
Have the August HDLIL channels come online yet?

Grand Rapids, Memphis, Portland OR, San Antonio?

I'd hate for them to get behind and have the Austin ones pushed out. :(

Portland was up, but is now back down until the 6th. Something with the downlink from the satellite itself, not the invidiual channels.

Didn't say those things did ya?

QUESTIONER said:
Bla bla bla, just get something to the market that will record hd locals and works decently, I could care less about specs. Doesn't look like it will be out by the end of this year.

QUESTIONER said:
I talked to my source again....what can I say, there definitely is no agreement with nesn and he doesn't see any of these rsns being added in the timeframe indicated. Sorry, this could have been the shot in the arm directv hd desperately needed.

QUESTIONER said:
Baltimore, Charlotte, Orlando, Cleveland, Raleigh, Denver, Hartford, San Antonio, Indianapolis, Seattle, Miami, W Palm Beach, are all scheduled for a June launch.

Hmmmm, help me out, I tried searching for those posts using keywords and my username in advanced search and can't seem to find any of them.

Nice try. The fact that my name is quoted in all caps kind of gives it away though.

I'm sure scobuck could help verify that if that were the case, if he would provide links to the posts here in question.

Last edited:
Links can be, and are deleted by users all the time in just such instances and deleted posts CAN be read by MODS, although I think it would be a waste of time.

Many people have GREAT memories because people do tend to backtrack and stumble over their own comments and go back and delete; and/or NEVER come back to admit to the twisted, dis/mis-information, which seems to be a very popular theme. Everyone wants to post that they have the "source", or the inside info. I won't cop to knowing those quotes word for word, but I have read very similar comments, and some very negative and dis-info that was never corrected once proved wrong. How many lines can any person throw out before at least one catches something? So even if the "Memphis Group" of DMAs is late by one week (or what ever) the fact that we all know dates/months are ALWAYS subject to change without notice makes it no big deal until something VERY WRONG happens, like never coming online or being delayed many months; and these would be the first that are "late" but people will sure try to capitalise on that with "see, I told you they were behind or failing" which just is NOT the case.

Last edited:
Scobuck or someone else no doubt would have quoted some of those posts in another part of the thread.....I could not delete those. Plus, depending on how the thread progresses, it could be quite obvious I deleted a thread.

Please note I did not say YOU deleted anything, just that it does happen. I also said I can't say you made those quotes, but comments similar that were proved as false, but never went back to make it right; BUT its all good. My take is, I understand multi-billion dollar biz of this size and complexity and that you just don't flip switches to turn things on, or to roll out new hardware; and that dates are always subject to, and do change; and that DBS providers are damned if the announce in advance or damned if they don't. People that want to gripe, will always find a reason no matter what. They want things rush, rush, but then complain that its not 110% right or missing features. OR they want things perfect everytime, but can't realize that DirecTV contracts EVERYTING out, from boxes, to installs, to signals. They can only move so fast and SOME users have no common sense or patience. They must satisfy ALL 15+ million of their customers AND the share holders; not just me, you, the HD bunch, the sports bunch, or whomever.

Last edited:
Joedekock,
I read over at AVS that the Grand Rapids locals have been delayed "indefinitely"
due to not being able to reach agreements with the affiliates in the GR market.

twaller said:
Joedekock,
I read over at AVS that the Grand Rapids locals have been delayed "indefinitely"
due to not being able to reach agreements with the affiliates in the GR market.

That figures. Comcast, and Charter have also been having difficulty reaching agreements with our CBS affiliate.

Do you have the link?

Anyone know of or hear rumors on Indianapolis? Especially with no OTA on HR20. I currently only get NBC and ABC. So Fox and CBS are still not here. Sure stinks on football sunday and with premiers coming up. Any tips would be appreciated. I came up blank asking CSR for info and possibility of distant HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)