DirecTV Announces Next 24 Markets to Receive HD Locals!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
bcherry said:
I also live in the Pittsburgh DMA. They will need the new AT9 dish, the H20 HD receiver and a package that includes local channels. I just had the new dish installed last week. The installer told me that he was told that D* was planning on turning on the HD local channel feed to the Pittsburgh market on April 19th.
Do they have to buy this equipment or will DirecTV take care of it. Do they have to actively order a dish?

drbill28 said:
Do they have to buy this equipment or will DirecTV take care of it. Do they have to actively order a dish?

In my case I purchased the H20 receiver locally at Circuit City and activated it myself. A few weeks later I called up D* and scheduled the installation of the new dish. I wouldn't hold my breath if you are waiting to be called by D*.

bcherry said:
In my case I purchased the H20 receiver locally at Circuit City and activated it myself. A few weeks later I called up D* and scheduled the installation of the new dish. I wouldn't hold my breath if you are waiting to be called by D*.

Sounds familiar. I did the same thing. Now I got my H20 and free installed AT9 and waiting for my $200 rebate. Now if only they would turn some channels on.

anybody in any of these new markets got a call from D* about upgrade? I'm in Sacramento but haven't got a call or anything yet (not that I care anyway, I'm just curious...)

Fgsilva said:
anybody in any of these new markets got a call from D* about upgrade? I'm in Sacramento but haven't got a call or anything yet (not that I care anyway, I'm just curious...)
I haven't received any calls from D*,but I did get an e-mail late last week from their customer service,stating the the Nashville HD locals will light up on April 19.We will find out for sure one way or the other in a few days.

I have Direct TV and I'm in the process of upgrading to HDTV. What equipment would I need to recieve the locals in HD out of Minneapolis?

Big Dog said:
I have Direct TV and I'm in the process of upgrading to HDTV. What equipment would I need to recieve the locals in HD out of Minneapolis?
We are new customers to D*.We got the AT9 (5LNB) dish and 2 H20 (MPEG4) receivers.Nashville HD locals are supposedly lighting up on April 19,according to an e-mail we received from D* customer service late last week.In the e-mail from D*,it said that since we already have the 5LNB dish and H20 receivers,the local HD channels will be automatically added to our programming line up,when they turn them on.

steve615 said:
We are new customers to D*.We got the AT9 (5LNB) dish and 2 H20 (MPEG4) receivers.Nashville HD locals are supposedly lighting up on April 19,according to an e-mail we received from D* customer service late last week.In the e-mail from D*,it said that since we already have the 5LNB dish and H20 receivers,the local HD channels will be automatically added to our programming line up,when they turn them on.

I have a 3 LNB dish. Will I get HD locals with this system or do I need to upgrade to the 5 LNB?

Big Dog said:
I have a 3 LNB dish. Will I get HD locals with this system or do I need to upgrade to the 5 LNB?
You will probably need to upgrade to the 5 LNB.The tech that done our install said something to the effect that locals in HD would need the 5 LNB and MPEG4 receivers.

Posstefmikala-

Im in Annapolis, w/ Baltimore locals. I have the H20 and got the 5 lnb installed about 2 weeks ago. I emailed D*, they said locals in HD are scheduled in June, but Ive heard others say April so who knows.

A friendly installer gave this to me today, note some have already gone live, this is supposed to be updated just recently though:

Area Locals start to broadcast Area Locals start to broadcast
Atlanta----------- Nov 22, 2005
Milwaukee --------May 2006
Baltimore ---------June 2006
Minneapolis -------Apr 19, 2006
Birmingham ------Apr 19, 2006
Nashville ---------Apr 19, 2006
Boston -----------Dec 8, 2005
New York --------since 2003
Charlotte --------June 2006
Orlando ----------June 2006
Chicago ----------Nov 22, 2005
Philadelphia -------Nov 22, 2005
Cleveland --------June 2006
Phoenix ---------May 2006
Columbus --------Apr 19, 2006
Pittsburgh -------Apr 19, 2006
Dallas-not-------- ABC Dec 8, 2005
Raleigh----------June 2006
Denver--------- June 2006
Sacramento------- Apr 19, 2006
Detroit----------- Oct 20, 2005
St. Louis --------May 2006
Fresno -----------May 2006
Salt Lake City --------May 2006
Hartford ---------June 2006
San Antonio ----------June 2006
Houston---------not CBS Dec 8, 2005
San Diego -------Apr 19, 2006
Indianapolis ------June 2006
San Francisco ------Nov 22, 2005
Kansas City --------Apr 19, 2006
Seattle ----------June 2006
Los Angeles ------since 2003
Tampa. -------------Dec 8, 2005
Miami ---------------June 2006
Washington, D.C.---- Dec 8, 2005
W. Palm Beach------- June 2006

DirecAnnapolis said:
Posstefmikala-

Im in Annapolis, w/ Baltimore locals. I have the H20 and got the 5 lnb installed about 2 weeks ago. I emailed D*, they said locals in HD are scheduled in June, but Ive heard others say April so who knows.

Sorry, looks like June.

Questioner said:
A friendly installer gave this to me today, note some have already gone live, this is supposed to be updated just recently though: Area Locals start to broadcast Area Locals start to broadcast

Already posted info.

Last edited:
Sorry, I looked for it, but I'm surprised it wasn't in any of the more popular threads.

charper1 said:
Already posted info.

I didnt see it either. I really dont like when folks say its already posted especially when its not the main or hot topic. If it gets duped big deal. Its not like he started another thread.

Man Charper1, you really like to point out things just to point them out. I think you are just padding your post count. :rolleyes:

you really like to point out things just to point them out. I think you are just padding your post count.

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? Even Scott the board admin said the exact same thing, go bust out on him too.

'SEARCH TOOL'

If posts on like topics were kept in the like threads, then they wouldn't be so hard to find or get lost.

charper1 said:
Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? Even Scott the board admin said the exact same thing, go bust out on him too.

'SEARCH TOOL'

If posts on like topics were kept in the like threads, then they wouldn't be so hard to find or get lost.

And you are now the thread on topic maintainer? How many posts you do a day pointing out the obvious and "thanks for saying that". Heck if you would stop pointing out crap it would lessen the threads. LOL.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)