Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The channels are not missed around here either. If it wasn't for the sports on TV, i probably would cancel my satellite service and use an antenna for everything else that is needed that isn't on my video shelves already.

My daughter misses the NICK channels. I'd miss CMT if they actually played music videos (outside of 2am - 6am) and other things related to country music artists. Since Viacom turned CMT into another reality TV network (like MTV and others) I don't really miss it much. GAC is better anyhow.

Comedy Central is the only removed station that I care about in the slightest. Futurama and South Park. I missed the new Futurama episode. I guess I'll have to wait to see it. South Park is off right now.

I'm tired of people saying, " I don't like these channels" or " I won't miss these channels." That's fine, but there are a lot of people who do. Personally, I have directv since I'm a native New Yorker who know lives in North Carolina. I want my Jets and Yankees. Plus I'm just an overall sports nut, so when it comes to sports directv is the way to go. But my kids and wife, they love Nick and MTV and some of these stations. I watch MTV from time to time, I'm a sucker for a reality show here and there or maybe a show on VH1 from time to time. I might watch Comedy Central a few times a year if something catches my interest. The point is, I want the option. I've just lost what, 17 channels or so? This is ridiculous. I'd pay an extra 50 something cents a month if I could have kept them, I'm not saying directv is wrong, but I just want my channels back. I hope this gets worked out soon, but when I can I'm shooting for free Sunday Ticket to go when I call up and complain. I hope it happens.

DTV is doing the job for the masses. Some cry pay pay pay. But when there bill is 30% higher they ask Why why why.

This is all a big mess and providers are tying to show all the content providers things need to change and not the price. More and more are ditching cable and sat for iptv. I had seen one in action at a customers house. It had every channel from HBO in the us and uk nick from around the world and so many chines channels. customer told me he buys one every year for $250 so they must be black market as they looked just like apple tv box and at that price no way they are paying the providers. Got to love china.

My daughter misses the NICK channels. I'd miss CMT if they actually played music videos (outside of 2am - 6am) and other things related to country music artists. Since Viacom turned CMT into another reality TV network (like MTV and others) I don't really miss it much. GAC is better anyhow.
i miss the dukes of hazard

DirecTV vs Viacom

Thank God, at least DirecTV is dumping Viacom.. well not really.. they are trying to come to a middle ground on the cost to provide their services.

I have been a customer of DirecTV since 1994...

CMT is nothing but crappy reality shows, stupid movies and less and less Country "Music" TV, I watch GAC, and Nickelodeon please.. Boomerang rules, retro cartoons that both adults and kids can enjoy, and lastly Fuse beats MTV with their 1980's format.

Viacom entertainment sucks, and it's out dated.

I can live without Viacom entertainment and hope they do to Viacom, what they did with Sirius Radio, and switching to Sonic Tap.

Who owns Teletoon Retro? That can replace Nick.

0183cdd949efb164425adac68c387a7f.gif

I am glad DIRECTV is still holding strong. Viacom has been suffering severely declining ratings and demanding more money to make up for lost ad revenue is backwards logic. Viacom should be working on making their channels more valuable with programming that draws in viewers, justifying increasing programming fees. Things should be getting pretty desperate now at Viacom with 20 million households missing now. I would laugh if DIRECTV ends up with a lower rate than before, as it should be with lower ratings...

I'd miss CMT if they actually played music videos (outside of 2am - 6am) and other things related to country music artists. Since Viacom turned CMT into another reality TV network (like MTV and others) I don't really miss it much. GAC is better anyhow.

so true. Here in Minneapolis we have a OTA subchanel "The Country Network" which is just videos. Yeah some of the artists they play alot of and their "video legends" 2 hour block seems to be the same 7 or 8 artists but its a nice alternative.

LOL

I am glad DIRECTV is still holding strong. Viacom has been suffering severely declining ratings and demanding more money to make up for lost ad revenue is backwards logic. Viacom should be working on making their channels more valuable with programming that draws in viewers, justifying increasing programming fees. Things should be getting pretty desperate now at Viacom with 20 million households missing now. I would laugh if DIRECTV ends up with a lower rate than before, as it should be with lower ratings...

+1 :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)