DIRECTV HD DVR Customers Can Now Record And Watch Shows, From Any Room of the House

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a HR21 and a R22, but I don't see any use for this feature. My R22 is hooked up to a 32" SD set. Why would I want to watch anything from my HR21 on it? And why would I want to watch recorded SD material from the R22 on my HDTV? If I want to watch recorded HD programs, I'll record them on my HR21.

I guess if I had a TV in my bedroom connected to a non-DVR receiver, then it might be nice to watch a program recorded on one of my DVRs.

As is, even though I have the HR21 and R22 both connected to my home network, I see no reason to pay D* another $3/month for this service.

Your R22 can record HD programming since you have another HD receiver on your account. So....if you wanted you could share HD recordings. I have four HD receivers, but only two HD Tv's at the moment. I share programming back and forth between all four receivers. Worth every penny of the 3.00 IMHO....

What I would like to know is? Here is an example. HR24 in LR & 3 H24's in bedrooms. Can the H24's in the bedrooms access the dvr @ the same time & also if they can is it possible to watch different events in each of the bedrooms simultaneously from the same hard drive? :confused:

A DVR can only stream to one other unit and can also be fully operational at it's local position. Watch, record etc in the Living Room and in any one Bedroom. For your set up, 2 DVRs and 2 receivers would give you what you're asking about

I used the block request letter for the MRV unsupported and it worked like a charm. Here is DTV's response:

Thanks for writing and for giving us the opportunity to assist you. First of, I see that you have been a loyal DIRECTV customer for many years. I'd like to let you know that we appreciate your business. I understand you're interested in the Whole Home DVR service and I'd be happy to assist you. Per your request, I have added the Whole-Home DVR Service at $3.00 per month to your account. Because DIRECTV bills you for service at the start of your billing period, any changes you make mid month, such as adding a service, will show as partial month charges from the day you made the change to the end of the 30 day billing day period. The changes to your account will be reflected on your next DIRECTV bill, or you can see them immediately by signing into your DIRECTV account online at directv.com/mydirectv and clicking on the "Activity Since Last Bill" section in the "Account Details" page. Please be advised that since you've added Whole-Home DVR Service without our upgrade offer, we will be unable to provide additional support (troubleshooting) specific to the Whole-Home DVR Service. Also, adding this service doesn't include DECAs and Band-Stop Filters nor receiver swaps. We strongly encourage you to take this upgrade offer. The upgrade is a substantial value and provides the very best, fully supported, Whole-Home DVR Service experience.

Multi_room Hr20 ANd HR21 and three h24's

well it works good if in stalled properly. meaning hr20, with new LNB single line in. line-in too new white box. then line out too splitter making sure, too follow line too power too receiver. making sure too run power side too receiver, then other line off splitter too number two on splitter. the installer got it all wrong and now it works perfect. now after two hours with directv on phone and no help. I had to fix it my self. now time for a rum and coke.:)

Your R22 can record HD programming since you have another HD receiver on your account. So....if you wanted you could share HD recordings. I have four HD receivers, but only two HD Tv's at the moment. I share programming back and forth between all four receivers. Worth every penny of the 3.00 IMHO....

Yes, I know I could enable HD on the R22, but I haven't as yet.

Given that I never go below 20% remaining on my HR21, I have never had a need to record any HD on the R22.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)