Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We are currently meeting with DIRECTV and soon will be shooting some video.

Are there any questions from our members for DIRECTV that I can ask?

BTW I already asked about a all in one Genie that can output 4K and was told that such a box is in the works however they do not expect it to be available for over a year. So for now a HR54 and C61K or 4K RVU tv are needed to watch 4K from DIRECTV.

IMG_4627.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

over a year? way too long. find out if they are prepared to lose subs over the wait

can you ask about the audio dropouts with the c61k? is there a fix in the works?

Ask them about channel additions, Pac12 Net, Epix, ect. When we expect to see more 4K like Nasa UHD.

There is no one here from programming. But I did ask about more 4K and was told they expect more channels in 2017. They were tight lipped about what or giving any clues.

I want to shoot video of the "Proof of concept" DIRECTV Connected car demo, at the moment they are checking with the PR folks since it's not a real product but just a proof of concept which may never see light of day... but it's really cool.

Scott do those software updates include a new guide? Also can you ask if that new Server that can output to 4k will be a hybrid DTV and UVerseTV one or just for DTV? I think that way we will know what they are doing with UVerseTV. Thanks.

Ask them when they're going to fix the mobile DVR function that replace the GenieGo to work consistently and provide picture quality that the GenieGo used to provide.

No new guide. Going in with the head of DIRECTV in a few and they are having a big keynote address too. I will report anything interesting from that too

How utterly disappointing, if true, that a true 4k receiver is a year away. AT&T has REALLY fallen behind Dish on the hardware front.

Reactions: mdram
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts