DirecTV New HD channel additions and rumors

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If we had tv land on the dish side in HD I would probably give some of there new shows a chance

I was curious how that worked since I've never lived on the west coast. I'd figure the east feeds get blacked out during primetime hours in the east if you subbed to a west coast feed, but I guess that's not the case.

I live in LA and for me, I was told it depended on the network. FOX and ABC granted me waivers to get the NYC channels, but NBC, CBS, and CW wouldn't.
I'm not talking about the networks, I am talking about the cable channels.

What exactly is in HD on TVland? Other than improved video quality of old favorites
Every episode that aired last night of Everybody Loves Raymond and King of Queens were in HD (which is all I care about since it is all I watch on TVLand). Lots of commercials were as well!

Last edited:
That's one good thing about my H24. No banners of any kind.

I think it has to do with being hooked to the internet. When I moved I went almost a month without ethernet to the HR34 and the banners were very minimal. Now its getting outrageous even with a favorites list

Re: New HD coming soon on DirecTV

There are new shows on there (which I guess takes away from the name "TVLand") but the older shows are improved quality

Its a Viacom channel.. The company that ruined Mtv with shows - so they had to add Mtv2 just for music - and now thats overrun with shows.. Would you expect anything less from them?

oh I know...kinda like flipping on CMT (to actually listen to country music videos) only to see Teen Mom on there

god D* needs to drop GAC down into Choice package...or even Entertainment

I fell asleep but I believe That 70's Show should also be the new transfers Overall I'd say the channel has been the biggest surprise and if the bluray Dick Van Dyke's ever get shown people will be amazed how great "old" tv shows can look.

Ya, most people can't comprehend that 35mm Panavision FILM IS HD. It's actually beyond HD, more like 4K. So as long as the older shows were captured on film and not SVHS like a few shows were, they can be digitized in HD.

Ya, most people can't comprehend that 35mm Panavision FILM IS HD. It's actually beyond HD, more like 4K. So as long as the older shows were captured on film and not SVHS like a few shows were, they can be digitized in HD.
One of the reasons I still watch Seinfeld reruns on a regular basis.

That 70s show looked really good on tv land HD, I have watched TV land more in the last couple days than in the last 10 years! H2 will be nice in HD once it hits...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)