DIRECTV NOW LAUNCH

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Me too. I'll be telling them about it and over half the time it's "I don't have a playstation"

I've gotten to where I just leave that off to start.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

What makes the name Playstation Vue even more confusing is that there's also a subscription gaming service called Playstation Now. In the early days of having Vue, on more than one occasion, I almost inadvertently launched the "Now" app, which is pinned to the main navigation bar on the PS4, rather than the "Vue" app.

Agree with the name change on Playstation Vue. If they dropped Playstation to Sony or anything else they would triple subscriptions in a year. Very confusing the way it is.
BTW this Directv Now looks like its not ready for prime-time. No Pause, FF or DVR ability and only 2 streams. Whats that about? The Vue offers most everything in the $45 dollar package with a lot more functionality.

Why not Give it some time?
Who cares what it doesn't have YET...

When it does its not like this market is that cut throat considering over 75 million still subscribe to subscription based cable and satellite.

Sling TV and Vue are an extremely tiny market as it is.
IMO no real hurry to have the biggest and most advanced.

When it does its not like this market is that cut throat considering over 75 million still subscribe to subscription based cable and satellite.

I care because if it had everything Vue had at launch (or at least some kind of DVR), I would seriously consider getting in on the limited-time 100 channel for $35/mo. deal. I simply won't pay for any kind of service that forced me to watch commercials. Life is too short.

When you come into a market and are not offering what others already are, you are bound to get some criticism. I mean it isnt rocket science, but its like most other corporate launches that are late, lacks luster. I mean should I drop Sling that is fixing to do a 100 hour DVR beta to move to a product that is promising DVR next year, but has Taylor Swift? Nope.

People are right to criticize them, that launch video stunk. This also should not come as a surprise, when it comes to Dish vs Directv, Directv has always been miles worse with hardware and software.

I care because if it had everything Vue had at launch (or at least some kind of DVR), I would seriously consider getting in on the limited-time 100 channel for $35/mo. deal. I simply won't pay for any kind of service that forced me to watch commercials. Life is too short.
But what does it matter if you are using VUE?
You're all critical of a service thats not meant for everyone.
I don't really care for any of these services, for the simple fact they extremely limited on whats offered, and they are depended on cable and Telecommunications companies for its function.

With demand goes price. These services IMO are still too expensive to be depended on Data and 3rd party internet providers.

No service is meant for everyone, they all have their differences.

Doesn't mean we can't be critical though.

If nobody was, there would be much less discussion here and fewer reasons for this place to exist.

I've got vue, but I was very interested in this offering. I am still interested, and will still try it for sure, but it is lacking some things I did hope would be included. They may come of course, and if so, that's great.

When others offer it though, might have been a better move to have them from go.

Then again, the directv name carries alot of weight. It may not make as much difference for that reason.

Reactions: Zookster
But what does it matter if you are using VUE?
You're all critical of a service thats not meant for everyone.
I don't really care for any of these services, for the simple fact they extremely limited on whats offered, and they are depended on cable and Telecommunications companies for its function.

With demand goes price. These services IMO are still too expensive to be depended on Data and 3rd party internet providers.

As a Vue subscriber, it matters because I'm always looking for something better. Vue is great for my needs, but far from perfect. OTT live TV service is new territory. So many providers are and will be entering the market in the coming year.

The situation is similar to the advent of HD. In the early days, getting HDTV service was one thing, but getting it with the channels you wanted and affordable DVR hardware was another. You often had to settle for the service that met your priorities the best. Now they all pretty much offer the same thing--just the pricing and channel tiers vary by provider. Same thing will happen eventually with OTT live TV service. For now we are just settling until the offerings evolve to the next level and the major providers are all basically on the same level.

As far as "too expensive," I pay the same for high-speed internet whether I get my TV service from cable, satellite, or the internet. Everything I'm getting with Vue for $35/mo. would cost me north of $120/mo with my cable provider. That's a savings of over $1,000 year!

What everyone else has said, plus they were very clear more features higher price. They laid the ground work for you never getting those features on a grandfather plan if they don't want to give them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. You just proved my point.
You pay $35.
But you want the same functionality as the guy paying $120.

I pay for internet as well.
$84.95 for 60 MBPS and 800 GB per month cap.
I use 400-500 GB now on Netflix and VOD.
If I went to streaming only, I would max that 800 out in no time forcing me into the next package up which is $125 a month.
Especially when 4 streams are going at the same time.

My $35 package now cost me $155, where as before my total bill for 5 rooms with Whole home DVR the Top basepackage, and 4 Premium packs with my Internet is only $200

Sure $45 savings a month, But also $100 loss in value IMO of functionality.

People who subscribe to these packs are infrequent tv watchers, Thats the targeted audience. Not the family of 3 or 4.

And you have the right to be critical, but give the product a chance to even launch.
With 2 streams and Unlimited data, Clearly the intent is also mostly for mobile phone use.
At least for now.

Reactions: Jimbo
Exactly. You just proved my point.
You pay $35.
But you want the same functionality as the guy paying $120.

I pay for internet as well.
$84.95 for 60 MBPS and 800 GB per month cap.
I use 400-500 GB now on Netflix and VOD.
If I went to streaming only, I would max that 800 out in no time forcing me into the next package up which is $125 a month.
Especially when 4 streams are going at the same time.

My $35 package now cost me $155, where as before my total bill for 5 rooms with Whole home DVR the Top basepackage, and 4 Premium packs with my Internet is only $200

Sure $45 savings a month, But also $100 loss in value IMO of functionality.

People who subscribe to these packs are infrequent tv watchers, Thats the targeted audience. Not the family of 3 or 4.

And you have the right to be critical, but give the product a chance to even launch.
With 2 streams and Unlimited data, Clearly the intent is also mostly for mobile phone use.
At least for now.

If anyone is paying 120 for vue they are overpaying!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, he wants the same functionality as the guy that pays $35 for vue.

Granted, there are advantages to directv now as well.

No, he wants the same functionality as the guy that pays $35 for vue.

Granted, there are advantages to directv now as well.

I want the HD PQ of Directv on my Hopper ...
But I also don't want to pay Directvs prices.

Granted, using an OTT TV service like Vue was pushing me to the edge of my ISP's data limits and into a higher plan possibly. Fortunately my ISP just changed my plan, raising it from $70 to $75/mo, while increasing my data from 350GB to 1 TB (still 50 Mbs down). It's also worth mentioning I saved $30/mo on phone service by cutting the cord.

Although I am still not seeing the app listed in the google play store. I am not home to check my fire tv.

Edit: found the fire tv app by running a search on amazon. Downloading and installing it on my fire tvs at home.

The guide is there using IE11. Looks similar to a STB with the same side to side layout. I imagine the Fire and Apple tv will look the same.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)