DIRECTV NOW LAUNCH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Day 3 is better so far with some nagging issues. When I launch the app I get a still shot from one of my networks or news feeds. That's ok if i get to an HD channel as the still picture is covered. If I go to a channel that is not HD and 4:3 the edges of the picture show from under the 4:3 video instead of having black side bars. No way around this yet.

I did have some lip sync issues last night and some more freezing. Seems gone. My biggest issue right now is lack of RSN's and locals. Still, I signed up for HBO for $5 and thought I'd be missing the other channels. Well, logged into the HBO Go app and there are over 1000 movies. Also added Starz via app for $9. So for $14 I'm getting two premiums for less than I pad for one on D*.

Starting to see some real advantages here. Now work out the local issues!

I am wondering if DirecTV Now's social media support is based overseas.

"@chertrek Since it is in the begging faze of the launch, we will be adding more channels to our packages. Please stay tuned for more updates"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: JamesJ and reddice
Day 3 is better, before primetime, but still seeing the occasional circling rectangle freeze.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

: if I have 2 accounts at different locations in new York, one has standard receiver and the other with genie and genie minis. can i use one of the mini at the location that has the standard receiver

Thats me. Ill check in in a month or two, and see how things are going, and then make my decision before my 90 days is up. Gotta see how the cloud dvr does too, still kinda the wild wild west.

At first glance I thought "Oh WOW", but then when I printed the channel lineups and compared to Sling TV it was a no brainer to stick with Sling TV.
1) I like Sling TV's additional $5 channel packages
2) Channels such as DIY, FYI, Nat Geo Wild, Oxygen are only available in DirecTV Now's Go Big $60 package.
3) Sling Blue, Lifestyle and comedy ($35) is a better value than DirecTV Now's Live a Little ($35) package
4) NEVER experienced ANY errors or streaming issues with Sling and I see here, DirecTV Now has some problems.

PLUS, as always I bet my eye tooth that Sling will soon announce additional channels at no additional cost within their additional $5 channel packages to compete against Vue and DirecTV Now.

Reactions: reddice
At first glance I thought "Oh WOW", but then when I printed the channel lineups and compared to Sling TV it was a no brainer to stick with Sling TV.
2) Channels such as DIY, FYI, Nat Geo Wild, Oxygen are only available in DirecTV Now's Go Big $60 package.
3) Sling Blue, Lifestyle and comedy ($35) is a better value than DirecTV Now's Live a Little ($35) package
4) NEVER experienced ANY errors or streaming issues with Sling and I see here, DirecTV Now has some problems.

PLUS, as always I bet my eye tooth that Sling will soon announce additional channels at no additional cost within their additional $5 channel packages to compete against Vue and DirecTV Now.

You do realize that Go Big is currently $35 with a free Apple TV and that price will be grandfathered?

It is day 3 of a nationwide rollout and things are improving..if slowly.

I agree with you on Sling. Overall I have been pleased with their service and was locked in for Sling Blue at $20 as a subscriber when it was in beta. I like the $5 add ons for channels you are interested in.

You do realize that Go Big is currently $35 with a free Apple TV and that price will be grandfathered?

It is day 3 of a nationwide rollout and things are improving..if slowly.

Which I also agree with, thats why i dropped the 3 month payment. Worst case, I get a $150 ATV for $105. Best case its a nice service and I got a ATV.

Im gonna keep checking in, but I cant throw that on the main tv because the wife just got used to firing up the Roku for Sling LOL. PLus I hope they get us a good Roku app early in Q1.

: if I have 2 accounts at different locations in new York, one has standard receiver and the other with genie and genie minis. can i use one of the mini at the location that has the standard receiver
This isn't the right thread for it, but I'm assuming you mean the little client box, in which case, no. You can not.

Check the main directv support forums further down the page. You can even start a thread if you need to

Welcome to satguys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

And decided to try d now for the bama/Texas basketball game (roll tide). It did the circular rectangle again.

Back to vue.

The reliability leaves alot to be desired. Reminds me of sling at launch.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

couple rectangles last night.

Tried to explore VOD and disappointed. VOD on Vue has complete series content and DTVNow does not on quite a few shows. That's a killer for me without having a DVR.

The problem I have with this service is no local channels in my area. ABC, FOX, and NBC shows are not live just a few shows are available as on demand. Errors keep popping up such as 'Science' had some trouble loading. Please try again later. (QP1502).

Why not have distant locals?

Running two tv's today for football, as usual, this time it will be one on Sling and one on Directv all day, just to see how Directv holds up.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Anthony!
The minis don't operate independently, they need the Genie.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)