DIRECTV NOW LAUNCH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had freeze issues all weekend but it was mostly at night it seems.It happened on several different channels.

Still can't sign onto my Apple TV for HBO GO, even though I had no problem on the Roku.

I had that issue with HBO GO. It seems to be on HBO's end. Try a few times. Maybe even delete the app and reinstall. Not sure how, but I finally got it working.

I had freeze issues all weekend but it was mostly at night it seems.It happened on several different channels.

Still can't sign onto my Apple TV for HBO GO, even though I had no problem on the Roku.

I had not problem with HBO Go using Directv Now as sub.

I had that issue with HBO GO. It seems to be on HBO's end. Try a few times. Maybe even delete the app and reinstall. Not sure how, but I finally got it working.

I've tired it several times. Actually took the steps HBO recommended even to the point of re-setting my ATV. However, on Apple TV, I always get the message, incorrect validation code. Again, no problem with the ROKU.

Well I got my Fire TV Stick from DirecTV Now this morning. No wonder I can't get my money back they either shipped it right away or on December 1st. It is still cheaper than buying one from Amazon and there is no tax.

One of the PC streaming options is Chrome 50+ with Silverlight but being Silverlight won't work on Chrome 45 or newer its impossible. Needed for Silverlight plugin is "enable NPAPI plugins" which Is completely gone.
The other option is Firefox on Windows 8 or higher, but many loyal Windows 7 users are hanging strong with no plans of upgrading to 10. Why would they choose a dying application framework interface like Silverlight is the question? They are big security risk and why Chrome no longer supports.

Reactions: reddice
Gonna leave one tv streaming mnf even though I won't watch it really. Just want to see how it handles the demand.

Already had one stutter within 10 minutes of getting home today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Without going thru 39 pages can anyone in Houston tell me if ROOT sports is available? Thanks

No streaming issues at all tonight. It seems like picture quality is a little improved also, but that may just be me.

I was great all day until 9:30. Definitely improved. I think the techs were off on the weekend and got back to work yesterday to try and fix. They work this out my last real grip is no NBC on TV.

CNET did a channel comparison on Directv Now, PSVUE, Sling. Noticed they had packages prices on PSVUE jacked high $10. Is this more FAKE NEWS :biggrin or just a gaffe. https://www.cnet.com/news/directv-now-vs-sling-tv-vs-playstation-vue-channels-compared/

They are using the package price from areas that include locals it appears.

I saw another article do that recently as well. Makes me wonder if they are purposely trying to mislead people about Sony's pricing when they don't bother to explain the higher prices only apply to 5 or 6 cities that get locals -- a very small portion of the country. Motive might be the advertising they get from the big telcom players like Dish, Direct, AT&T.

EDIT: Haha, never mind, the Cnet article gives the full pricing breakdown for Vue at the bottom of the channel list.

Extended my Trial another 7 days. I'll make a decision then on what to keep. DTVNow looking much more reliable lately.

Status
Please reply by conversation.