DIRECTV & PAC 12 Network: What's Taking So Long? By Swanni

Status
Please reply by conversation.
WTguy said:
osu, if 12 conference teams play 9 confernce games each that is just 54 games not 108. The conference games do not count as 2 games even if 2 conference teams are plaing each other. You might want to head back to Stillwater for some more math. ;)

My MBA says my math is fine, join me in Stillwater anytime, you would probably learn something those west coast hippie schools don't teach.

I know how many conference games there are, but in total as I said each team plays 12 games. It doesn't matter if they are playing each other. In terms of the INVENTORY for the networks there are 144 games.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

My MBA says my math is fine, join me in Stillwater anytime, you would probably learn something those west coast hippie schools don't teach.

I know how many conference games there are, but in total as I said each team plays 12 games. It doesn't matter if they are playing each other. In terms of the INVENTORY for the networks there are 144 games.

But interesting that if you read further their statement, DirectTv is saying after this week, there will only be 18 games left to be aired on PAC12 Network. This time around DirectTV release is counting a game of two conference opponents as one game. No consistency. Anyway, if you count a game between two conference opponents as one it comes out as 90 total games for the season. This excludes the PAC-12 championship game

Last edited:

That does not say much for the mba's offered by osu, part of earning a degree is also to develop the logic. 2 teams playing a conference game is 1 game for the inventory not 2 as Directv believes.

WTguy said:
That does not say much for the mba's offered by osu, part of earning a degree is also to develop the logic. 2 teams playing a conference game is 1 game for the inventory not 2 as Directv believes.

I'm just gonna let it go, since you apparently don't know what logic is and just want to hurl insults.
It's pretty obvious how and why they are using that number. So you have a nice day in your little dream world.

Sorry if I hurt feelings but the logic they (and you) is very simply wrong. I am sure you are aware of the college football site operated by Matt Sarzyniak. In his tweeter states
Matt Sarzyniak?@mattsarz
@jihadistjohn What is sad is how low @DirecTV is going to misinform customers (no ranking on USC, incorrect # of Pac-12 games, etc

http://twitter.com/mattsarz

Which was my point to begin with, Directv is putting out false numbers either through their inept errors or just a blatant lie.
Anyway, take care and good luck with your team this year.

WTguy said:
Sorry if I hurt feelings but the logic they (and you) is very simply wrong. I am sure you are aware of the college football site operated by Matt Sarzyniak. In his tweeter states
Matt Sarzyniak‏@mattsarz
@jihadistjohn What is sad is how low @DirecTV is going to misinform customers (no ranking on USC, incorrect # of Pac-12 games, etc

http://twitter.com/mattsarz

Which was my point to begin with, Directv is putting out false numbers either through their inept errors or just a blatant lie.
Anyway, take care and good luck with your team this year.

So just because he said that what makes his view more accurate then what D* said regarding the situation? I don't see any proof that hey are putting out false numbers. d* was pretty accurate with the last dispute. I need to see proof before I can say their doing anything wrong.

Myself, I love sports but not necessarily this conference so I don't wanna pay too much for it is I want D to pay as ill as possible.

PAC 12: DIRECTV Deal Not Coming Soon
By Swanni Washington, D.C. (September 28, 2012) -[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- DIRECTV sports fans: Hoping that your TV provider will add the Pac 12 Network prior to this weekend's college football action?

Well, according to Pac 12 Commissioner Larry Scott, landing a deal before Saturday would take the best Hail Mary pass you've ever seen.

"There's no sign it's going to happen anytime soon," Scott said on the Seattle-based Dave Softy Mahler radio show yesterday.

The two sides have engaged in a war of words since the Pac 12 Network launched late last month. DIRECTV has suggested it wants to carry the channel as a separate subscription channel that would require a monthly fee. However, the Pac 12 Network would prefer the channel be included in a sports programming pack that would be seen by more viewers.

DIRECTV has not made a public statement about the controversy in recent days other than to note at its web site, DIRECTVPromise.com, that many of the Pac 12 games can be seen on other networks such as FX and ESPN.[/FONT]

Right now DirecTv not haveing the network for me is just an irritant...when basketball season begins, it will become a large problem. Hopefully there will be a resolution by then.

There is a new petition you can sign that will go to Larry Scott, Pac 12 Commissioner, who presided over a $3 billion dollar shake down of ESPN and other networks in exchange for him allowing access to Pac 12 games. Now he wants a bunch more from DirecTV and other outlets or quite simply, he will deny fans the games. Send a message to the Pac 12 member universities and administration that this kind of hold-hostage profiteering is unacceptable.

Go to Change.org and search for Pac 12 and you will find the petition.

Since I am a newbie to satellite guys I am unable to post the petition link. Perhaps a veteran wants to reply to this thread with the the link. The title of the newly created petition is "Pac 12: Allow Pac12 Network Football Games on DirecTV at Reasonable Rates" located on Change.org.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but when a notoriously cheap outfit like Dish Network has this channel and DirecTV doesn't, I am not blaming the network or conference. The only thing I hold the PAC 12 accountable for in all of this is the fact that the network exists. RSNs are going in a very bad direction with all of these conference and even team specific networks. Of course, that rings very hollow with fans of those teams or conferences. Out of my options for tv at the moment, DirecTV is the only provider without the PAC 12 Network. They are also the provider with the best picture quality and most sports that I watch, so they are in little danger of me switching. To me, DirecTV's stance on this network is like when a judge tries to make an example of someone by giving them a ridiculous sentence to hopefully deter others from committing the same crime. It doesn't work. These networks are going to pop up like weeds over the next five years. DirecTV can either accept that and come to an agreement or lose their sports crown.

Who Owns these Conference Networks?

That may have something to do with it. ..
I believe that the B10 Network is owned by Fox, at least partially.
Fox also owns the RSN's, at least a good share of them.

Jimbo said:
Who Owns these Conference Networks?

That may have something to do with it. ..
I believe that the B10 Network is owned by Fox, at least partially.
Fox also owns the RSN's, at least a good share of them.

The PAC 12 Network is 100% owned by the PAC 12 conference. BTN is 49% owned by Fox and 51% owned by the Big Ten Conference.

I'd trade the crappy and worthless Big-10 Network for the Pac-12 Network any day of the week. Step your game up DTV!!! If a 2nd rate sat provider like Dish carries the Pac-12, there's no excuse for you guys not to carry it as well.

JD Hogg said:
I'd trade the crappy and worthless Big-10 Network for the Pac-12 Network any day of the week. Step your game up DTV!!! If a 2nd rate sat provider like Dish carries the Pac-12, there's no excuse for you guys not to carry it as well.

Your opinion. BTN might not get the top tier football games often but they do occasionally have some big ones. They have plenty of big basketball games though. That's when the channel really shines.

So .... you'd trade a crappy and worthless Big 10 Network for a crappy and worthless Pac 12 Network ?

Hmmm, why would that be ?

Oh ya, it would be the Conference YOUR in ...
Are you PAYING for the B10 Network ?
If not, whats your problem ? Quick answer ... don't watch it if you don't like it.

Your opinion. BTN might not get the top tier football games often but they do occasionally have some big ones. They have plenty of big basketball games though. That's when the channel really shines.

King3,
See he probably thinks that the Pac 12 Net will show all these TOP games in the conference ... well, if they have a package already with anyone else, they too will get the "Rest of the Games" like the B10 Network, while the Top games in the conference are shown elsewhere.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)