DIRECTV reaches deal with Tribune (Or maybe not!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Anyone who loses a big 4 local station owned by tribune, can get a waiver on one of the new york or LA locals they lose; right?

I'm a bit curious as well as I am "moved" to Kankakee. Plugging that info into antennaweb yields nothing but a PBS station. I would think that would be the end-all, be-all for the DNS qualification but who knows.

Do you think they'll get the DNS out of Baltimore in HD tomorrow or are we stuck with SD?

I do not think so, my local Tribune owned Fox 40 has been posting no DirecTV after Midnight 3/31. This is becoming a regular nightmare going back to my antenna for locals.

I know this is sad that WGN America and other Tribune-owned locals have been forced to be remove from D* Well I don't know what I'm gonna do since my stepfather usually refused to switch providers like E*, and our local cable company in our hometown (boring Northland Cable) dropped WGN America two years ago. I fell sorry for Cubs, White-Sox, and Bulls fans in the country and especially watching in the Chicago area. Yes, I'm gonna miss watching reruns of Matlock and In The Heat of The Night reruns for the time being.

i just got off the phone with directv about getting the national fox feed turned on ... and the cust serv rep stated that a deal was reached at 1:03 yesterday and the channels
if not allready .. should be returning soon ... then abruptly got off the call .... so we shall see ....

NO CH.61 Fox and Ch.20 WB here in CT!
sucks hope we get a small credit at least...

Possible I guess, but I doubt it. I have a roof top antenna connected to my television. Time to connect it to my AM21.

Probably always a good idea to have a AM21 and antenna to ensure that you will get your locals. You never know who is going to be having a dispute with DirecTV or any provider for that matter at any time.

What makes you think there is no contract for SuperStations ?

The facts. I have read the law. Superstation carriage requires no contract. DISH Simply pays a preestablished copyright fee that is distributed to the content providers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.