Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Greetings from the final day of the DIRECTV Revolution! Nothing really going on today, just training meetings all day. The show will close out tonight at 7:30 PM on the rooftop of a nearby hotel with a huge party.

For me I guess Revolution is done as I did it all, saw it all and talked to the people I needed to talk to.

My goal for being here was to open up the doors between SatelliteGuys and DIRECTV again. I think I have accomplished this. The reception from DIRECTV to us was actually more than I expected, and I can't tell you how much that means to me.

The seed has been planted within DIRECTV about forming a group much like DISH's DIRT team. When I spoke about how much DIRT has increased DISH's customer satisfaction as well as the fact that we here at SatelliteGuys have been responsible for more HOPPER upgrades then ANY DISH retailer and we did this at ZERO cost to DISH... well that opened their eyes.

With that said I do not expect immediate changes, as their main focus is the merger. Once that happens they have no idea what AT&T will do, but if they are around they agree that by using SatelliteGuys (and other sites like SatelliteGuys) they can better support their customers for a much lower cost and give them a much better experience.

I told them I am willing to do whatever it takes and offered them any of our resources here to get that done.

I was told by a few that I talked to that what happened in the past is the past and its time to work together moving forward. I got to be honest the first time one DIRECTV Executive said that to me I almost cried as its something I have been waiting for, for a long long time.

For those wondering about the HR54 or the new LNB which supports the new Reverse Band, I am told that the LNB is having issues and it will be some time before we see it. I was also told by one that the new LNB would only work with the HR54.

My favorite thing I saw at Revolution equipment was was the H44, Mini Genie. The box is just a little bigger than an Apple TV and it does so much... I was told another feature that will be added to the H44 which will make it an even more amazing box but I was asked to not post it online for now. Since I am trying to build up a relationship with DIRECTV I will honor that request. :)

So what does the future hold for us and DIRECTV? Hard to say because nobody know what changes AT&T is going to make. But no matter what happens I will continue to push, after all I am not a DISH guy, I am not a DIRECTV guy... I am a SatelliteGuy. :D

BTW not sure if anyone liked our coverage here or not. I was hoping we would get some new Pub Members to help support the site, but not one new Pub Members at all. As I mentioned before I paid over $1,300 of my own money to come out here and cover this event, I need to know if we should continue doing things like this in the future.

Look for pics and updates tonight, the party / closing event happens tonight at 7:30 PM PT.

BTW not sure if anyone liked our coverage here or not. I was hoping we would get some new Pub Members to help support the site, but not one new Pub Members at all. As I mentioned before I paid over $1,300 of my own money to come out here and cover this event, I need to know if we should continue doing things like this in the future.

I know how hard Scott has worked on building a relationship with DirecTV, and he's had more cutting-edge info in the past year or so than most any other source, be it hardware, channels, or even future technology like transponder bonding. It's quite an investment to go and meet these executives in person, as well as bringing back the latest news, both time and money.

Many of us here are already supporting members. For those that are, please consider making an additional donation (there's a link sticky'd at the top of the pub).

For those that aren't yet members - please consider making the donation - it supports the site, Scott's efforts, and also makes the site more enjoyable (way less ads).

As for me, I'm sending in a donation tonight motivated by Scott's revolution efforts, and I'd ask you consider doing the same :)

Reactions: harmlesslyfatal
Great post Jason. Donation sent.
Unbelievable how selfless Scott is with his time and what he does for this site!

Yeah keep up the good work Scott I just renewed my membership and refer a lot of friends to the site as well.. :)

unlikely not for a while for commercial; mdus are trickier, I expect.

would need a 4k compatible receiver instead of a client for commercial accounts, I believe. until that happens, don't think they will be able to get it.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1437619736.422498.jpg
the party has started.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts