DIRECTV rolls-out 4 more major DMAs with MPEG-4 LIL HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
In reply to:

"Has anyone gotten the philly install yet? Just curious how it compares to ota"

I have an install scheduled for Dec 6th...I'll let you know...

thanks, also please let me know if they do UPN and WB..DTV site says no...that's horrible if true.

I had to call DirecTV with a problem with my service and they elevated me to level 2. Anyways, whilethe rep was helping me he voluntarily told me that Memphis would be upgradedto Mpeg 4 this spring around the end of April-first of May. I believe we are #44 on the list so I thought I would just pass on what they had told me.

hdtvtechno said:
No not at this time, they will carry it at a later date in the future.

Is the source of that info reliable? My antenna is only at a semi permanent place because I thought I'd be rid of it by the end of next year. If i'm going to need it full time, I need to find a better place aesthetically wise.

JerryVolunteer said:
I had to call DirecTV with a problem with my service and they elevated me to level 2. Anyways, whilethe rep was helping me he voluntarily told me that Memphis would be upgradedto Mpeg 4 this spring around the end of April-first of May. I believe we are #44 on the list so I thought I would just pass on what they had told me.

I figure it would be sometime in the summer when we would get upgraded. This is fine with me. Hopefully they'll have all the bugs worked out of the HD-DVR by then.

BobnearLC said:
Does anyone have any idea when El Paso will be upgraded to HD local-into-local by DIRECTV?

El Paso market is 99th on the list. They are still working on the first 12, so as a rough guess, it will probably be sometime in the second half of next year.

There is no set schedule out, so this is just a guess-t-mate, by the speed it is going now.

Just got the upgrade

gwinchilla said:
In reply to:
"Has anyone gotten the philly install yet? Just curious how it compares to ota"
I have an install scheduled for Dec 6th...I'll let you know...
Just got the upgrade...boy the dish is huge! Probably twice the size as the triple LNB. I feel bad for the installers lugging that sucker up the ladder...
Picture quality is good, possibly a little better....
There is no DVI hookup on the H20 only HDMI, component or S-Video. Does anyone know if there are any cables DVI on one end and HDMI on the other?
As far as what philly locals are in HD, I have two channels of each (cbs, abc, nbc and fox) one SD version and one HD version
I also still have the the NY locals on 80, 82, 86 and 88
NO UPN or WB

Anyone know what the next markets will get local HD, after the first 12.

Here is #13 - #50 and then the attached file has the entire DMA list. The next 12 should be some time during 01/06 - 03/06.

13 Seattle-Tacoma
14 Phoenix (Prescott)
15 Minneapolis-St. Paul
16 Cleveland-Akron (Canton)
17 Miami-Ft. Lauderdale
18 Denver
19 Sacramnto-Stkton-Modesto
20 Orlando-Daytona Bch-Melbrn
21 St. Louis
22 Pittsburgh
23 Portland, OR
24 Baltimore
25 Indianapolis
26 San Diego
27 Charlotte
28 Hartford & New Haven
29 Raleigh-Durham (Fayetvlle)
30 Nashville
31 Kansas City
32 Columbus, OH
33 Milwaukee
34 Cincinnati
35 Greenvll-Spart-Ashevll-And
36 Salt Lake City
37 San Antonio
38 West Palm Beach-Ft. Pierce
39 Grand Rapids-Kalmzoo-B.Crk
40 Birmingham (Ann, Tusc)
41 Harrisburg-Lncstr-Leb-York
42 Norfolk-Portsmth-Newpt Nws
43 New Orleans
44 Memphis
45 Oklahoma City
46 Albuquerque-Santa Fe
47 Greensboro-H.Point-W.Salem
48 Las Vegas
49 Buffalo
50 Louisville

Attachments

• 09_2005 DMA List.zip
    95.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
just a heads up, got my hd programming and install today thru d* and i was surprised to get an h20 when I was expecting an h10. buffalo will not be getting mpeg4 for a while, yet they are already installing the new hd receivers. how nice :) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)