DirecTV Software Release for HR20 & HR21 Receivers 0x022B 4/23

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well after 4 reboots, the last one just an hour ago, I have successfully recorded an HD channel with no issues. I was even able to keep the standard recording that I had done earlier after the last reboot. It looks like whatever the problem was it's fixed now. Maybe things just needee to be shook up with them multiple reboots. I'm just glad I'll be able to download The Ultimate Fighter in HD.. :hungry:

Cheers,
Robin

Well I just ran into a major quirk! :mad: I recorded 2 shows tonite, I watched the recording light being on the whole time while I was watching basketball. Well I just went to those shows and both of them won't play. When I click play, it does straight to delete/no delete. No video whatsoever. What the hell is up with that? !protest

Cheers,
Robin

I had this happen to me on ALL shows recorded yesterday with the latest c.e. release. I went back to the national release after that.

Well I just ran into a major quirk! :mad: I recorded 2 shows tonite, I watched the recording light being on the whole time while I was watching basketball. Well I just went to those shows and both of them won't play. When I click play, it does straight to delete/no delete. No video whatsoever. What the hell is up with that? !protest

Cheers,
Robin

I have this behavior on my eSATA since the update. Finally gave up and went back to using the internal drive. No problems with it.

Still waiting on the NR here in denver, should I be concerned? I am currently still using the x22b CE on my HR20-100 and not having problems thus far so not too worried about it but was wondering if the NR has hit Denver area yet

I have a HR20-700 and it has been rock solid but since the latest national release I am having lock up problems. Today while watching a recorded show it froze and I could not get the HR20 to do anything . I had to reboot. This is two days straight that this has happen. Before the national release of 0x22b I only had to reboot the HR20 once in the 8 months I have it . I hope Directv fixes this software and makes it stable.

HR20-100 problems

I don't know if this is the place to talk about it, but since other people seem to be having similar problems since the latest update:

I've been having some problems with my HR20 for a while:

frequent short freezing during live broadcasting
major problems viewing recorded content with similar freezing/pixellization issues
problems with the remote and guide functions

That is, I was having these problems until last night, when my HR20 ceased to function entirely. I rebooted several times, but it won't go past the first "downloading information from the satellite" screen.

Anyone else having this problem?

I am also suddenly getting a lot of HDD noise, so maybe that's what's wrong.

The box is owned, not leased, so I am screwed in terms of service. Has anyone had any luck replacing the HDD in these? If so, do I have to get information off of the old HDD for that to work or can I just replace it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to come off like a newbie, but what am I looking for, as far as what a new version number would be. Is it "0x022B"?

Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)