DirecTV Software Release for HR20 & HR21 Receivers 0x022B 4/23

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I live in El Paso and I got my update last night. I think that the thing that I was looking forward to was the first air date. It would be nice if they could add what number each program is, but then I guess that one can't have everything.

I live in El Paso and I got my update last night. I think that the thing that I was looking forward to was the first air date. It would be nice if they could add what number each program is, but then I guess that one can't have everything.

I agree. I got used to the guide saying "NEW" with TWC and it has been driving me crazy with only the year data on D*. But I guess i'll take what I can get. I'll press INFO and be happy. :)

got it this morning. one thing i did notice......when a program is reaired, the original airdate is now listed instead of just the year.

Not me... Simply turned off the blue lights again, noticed a few minor upgrades and everything is working just fine.

I think I got it last night. Blue ring light was on this morning. How do we check the version number?
I got it early this morning too here in mississippi
Menu/parental, favs&setup/system setup/info & test.

I like the new game search feature!!

Well I just ran into a major quirk! :mad: I recorded 2 shows tonite, I watched the recording light being on the whole time while I was watching basketball. Well I just went to those shows and both of them won't play. When I click play, it does straight to delete/no delete. No video whatsoever. What the hell is up with that? !protest

Cheers,
Robin

I just rebooted my HR20-100 and lost all the reecordings that I had stored. DirecTv really dropped the ball on this doftware download. Hopefully they'll address this BS ASAP!!! :shocked

Cheers,
Robin

i had problems on 2 hr20's
my main one took 22B this morn at 3am seemed to hang on install at 90 percent for alot longer than normal but it got update okay
now for the problems i goto my neighbors house and there hr20 just sat at download at 0 percent for hour and a half, so i get one from my house which has had all ce's releases except for last 2 weeks plug in goes directly to 1 of 2 2 of 2, watch evening news tv hr20 left on then sit down to supper and return to boobtube room after supper tv on hr20 off power it on instantly at download screen sits at zero for 10 min call direct protection plan explain im so pissed i cant sees traight so lady says swap sat line 1 and 2 and reset do it and bam downloading instantly so my ce ox was fixed
then i plug in neighbors hr20's same as i did mine bam it also downloads instantly then check ota and error 750 so i clear ota and rerun intial setup and all is good

all though it was a stressful few hours

Got it here this morning at 4AM just north of Cincy. Everything seems fine so far. That's not what they are saying over at DBS however:

HR20-700 0x022B - Issues / Discussion - DBSTalk.Com

Anyone here seeing these issues?

Yes, plus a few more problems. Doesn't D* test their software at all internally, or do they just expect the apologists to deflect all the user bitterness toward them?

They likely have some of the lowest rates of issues overall, and even though I know it can suck to get something faulty or not working the way you expect, but why are those of us NOT having issues apologists? We are likely in the majority of users; maybe we should call those having issues names like you guys resort to; like....... Nah, because its just childish.

Well I've ended up doing 2 reboots tonite, the 1st one to see if I could get the unit to record and the 2nd one after I lost about 80% of my HD feeds from the 1st reboot. All the HD channels came back after the 2nd reboot but at this point i'm wondering what's next? :confused:

I think I got it last night. Blue ring light was on this morning. How do we check the version number?
Hold down the INFO button for 3-4 seconds.

I got it on one HR20 and two HR21s early Tuesday AM. I haven't really had a chance to check much out yet. No issues experienced though. I watched one pre-recorded program and one while it was recording (started watching about 30 min late) with no issues.

Hold down the INFO button for 3-4 seconds.

I got it on one HR20 and two HR21s early Tuesday AM. I haven't really had a chance to check much out yet. No issues experienced though. I watched one pre-recorded program and one while it was recording (started watching about 30 min late) with no issues.

Hey that's a neat little shortcut. :up As for lost recordings, I tried setting up my History channel show for a 1 hour recording and i had the same thing happen. It shows a 1 hour recording but when I try to play it back, it goes directly to Delete/No Delete. Guess all i can do is continue to check daily til I can see that DirecTv has addressed this serious issue. :rolleyes:

Edit: After further tests i find that this recording problem only lies with HD. Standard records are working OK, this is strickly an HD problem which is interlinked to the inability to decode HD channels that I incountered last night on the bulk of my HD content. Rebooting seemed to solve the decoding problems as all of the HD channels that i've checked out are working. But HD recording is still impossible with this HR20-100 receiver. I even tried watching a show while it was recording and the counter stayed at zero even tho the timer bar was correctly showing the recorded time. Fast forewarding or 30 second jumps accomplished nothing.

Cheers,
Robin

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)