DirecTV Software Release for HR20 & HR21 Receivers 0x022B 4/23

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Maybe I'm just forgetting since I don't have remote in hand, but how did you do it in the past?

Does DirecTV publish details around these anywhere in order to learn how to use or take advantage of additions and changes? For example, if 'FF to true live' was a brand new feature, how would you know how to use it?

That is what this site is for.:)

Fast forward to true live TV viewing

How is this different than the past??

I can say that it is much more reliable in the new software. Before sometimes it would jump to live in a few seconds and sometimes it would just do two or three 30 second jumps. Since yesterday it has worked perfect everytime.

I'm curious about the optical out update, I noticed that for some TV shows my Dish 622 5.1 sounded much better than Directs, hopefully this fixes the echo sound I heard with Direct.

How do you force the dl?

Never mind, found it. For others:

To force a download, push the red reset button by the access card. When the first blue screen appears (almost instantly) quickly push 0 2 4 6 8 on your remote, one button at a time, in order, and push no other buttons.

Mine HR20 is dl'ing right now.

Remember this is still a staggered release, while they generally go west to east, that may not be the case this time.

Force downloading will only help if they authorized it that afternoon for your receiver to download that night.

Once they authorize it to your box, you'll get it during the overnight that follows.

Nothing in South Florida either, and I'm growing impatient. Sure hopes it helps with the audio/video sync issues I've been experiencing.

Well, this update is a turd.

3 times since the update, I have had the box (HR21-700) stop responding to the remote. I've had to do a hard-reset on the box to get the functionality back.

The last time this happened was just now in the middle of the Sharks/Stars game which was excruciatingly annoying since the box takes like 5+ min to fully reboot.

tigerfan33 mentioned earlier in this thread that he had the same symptom ocur to him once as well.

Lou

Last edited:
My box is flaky now too!

Picture is blank with sound on recording playback and/or

Recordings will not playback but just ask if I want to keep or delete.

Reboots to try to get this behavior to go away results in:

"Acquiring guide" message appears and won't go away.

Box boots to original drive although eSATA is plugged in.

I've forced the software re-download twice but things are still shaky.

None of these behaviors are consistent and there are too many variables so I just can't isolate the problem.

Did this release fix the audio dropouts caused by fast forwarding? I still haven't got the update.

Paul,
I've been having "Do you want to Delete " issues as well as taking a lot longer to change channels, also my fwd and rev. on the buffer fails to work.
Also had the User logged off network message.

I finally decided to go back to the NR , and all is fine ... so far.

All funtions are back to normal.

Jimbo

3 times since the update, I have had the box (HR21-700) stop responding to the remote. I've had to do a hard-reset on the box to get the functionality back.

The last time this happened was just now in the middle of the Sharks/Stars game which was excruciatingly annoying since the box takes like 5+ min to fully reboot.

tigerfan33 mentioned earlier in this thread that he had the same symptom ocur to him once as well.

Lou

Same issue, third time was tonight. I haven't been around in a while, so I was unaware of the update. In fact, I still haven't checked my box to see when I got it.

It took several rounds of resetting and pulling the power to get the stupid thing to boot tonight. Then after booting I noticed an update page....which I mistakenly ok'd through before I could read it.

And to top it all off, ALL of my recorded programs are gone as well as my ToDo list. So I must re-configure it all, but of course not until the danged guide completely downloads. Man I'm pissed...what a freakin' joke.

Lou

I had this same exact thing happen to me Sunday afternoon. I had to reboot my system to get the remote back. Nothing on the receiver would work also.

BTW, I just got the software download at 4:30am. I didn't lose any of my "To Do List" either. What I did gain tho was a starkly more vivid HD picture with deeper colors. Even those crappy standard sports channels saw some improvement. This was definitely one of the best software downloads I've had on my HR20-100.:up

Cheers,
Robin

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)