DIRECTV Stream while flying

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Most Planes do not have D* ...
Over the last 20 years of flying, 1 time I had D* as an option.
Then again, I'm not looking for a flight that specifically has D*.
I know most planes dont have Directv They have Dish... Which is what I said. Southwest/United/American have Dish. I think only JetBlue still uses Directv Delta uses there own thing

I know most planes dont have Directv They have Dish... Which is what I said. Southwest/United/American have Dish. I think only JetBlue still uses Directv Delta uses there own thing
My point was ...
Most Plane Don't have Either ...

I have flown American and United over the years the most and Rarely find either on them.
Now it may be different if your LOOOKING specifically for that service, more than likely you need to look to fly on a specific type of plane ... I don't do that, I look for planes that go where I need to get to.

My point was ...
Most Plane Don't have Either ...
I fly twice a month Usually Southwest or American.. Southwest entire fleet has Dish.. American is adding as they refresh so most do have it.. my last couple of United flights had it also

Reactions: dtv757
I fly twice a month Usually Southwest or American.. Southwest entire fleet has Dish.. American is adding as they refresh so most do have it.. my last couple of United flights had it also
I haven't been on a plane with TV in years ...
Normally fly American or United, can't afford Delta ...

Most do Not have TV as people want to watch thier own shows, so most are loading thier own stuff on thier own personal device.

I don't expect to see TV's on airlines for very long because of that.

I have to laugh, Southwest doesn't even fly to the Southwest ....
Reo Grande Valley Texas ... Southwest doesn't even know where that is.

Same its been a few years but I do remember jetblue had XM and DirecTV

I think united has DirecTV...

Again ... SOME planes in those fleets may.
Most don't ...
Can't speak for SW or Jet Blue as I haven't flown with them.

Just looked at Jet Blue, if want to go from Detroit to even Dallas or Houston (that would typically be a hub I would fly into ... just to go there, JB was going to New York first for a 4.5 hour lay over ... WTH.

They are not an option.

I haven't been on a plane with TV in years ...
Normally fly American or United, can't afford Delta ...

Most do Not have TV as people want to watch thier own shows, so most are loading thier own stuff on thier own personal device.

I don't expect to see TV's on airlines for very long because of that.

I have to laugh, Southwest doesn't even fly to the Southwest ....
Reo Grande Valley Texas ... Southwest doesn't even know where that is.
Every new interior retrofit and new planes come with TV's The list is growing now shrinking.... And SouthWest flies all over the SW.. Not sure what route map your looking at

Every new interior retrofit and new planes come with TV's The list is growing now shrinking.... And SouthWest flies all over the SW.. Not sure what route map your looking at
Southwest doesn't go to McAllen Texas (thats a Major International Airport , btw) or Brownsville Texas ... both in the Reo Grande Valley ...
They MAY go to Harlingen, but that just means they are about an hour and a half away, vs 15 minutes.

edit:
Southwest Does go to Harlingen, but like I said, I would have an hour and a half trip to get to the correct city once I get there instead of 15 minutes.
Also, SW makes me go to 2 different airports from Detroit just to get to where I need to go ...
The most lay over I will accept is 1 city.
In this case its either Dallas or Houston for where I go.
Dallas is American and Houston is United.

Southwest doesn't go to McAllen Texas (thats a Major International Airport , btw) or Brownsville Texas ... both in the Reo Grande Valley ...
They MAY go to Harlingen, but that just means they are about an hour and a half away, vs 15 minutes.

edit:
Southwest Does go to Harlingen, but like I said, I would have an hour and a half trip to get to the correct city once I get there instead of 15 minutes.
Also, SW makes me go to 2 different airports from Detroit just to get to where I need to go ...
The most lay over I will accept is 1 city.
In this case its either Dallas or Houston for where I go.
Dallas is American and Houston is United.
Detroit is a Delta Hub. Expecting direct flights for any other major airline is odd

McAllen is also a very small international airport. It only has non stop flights to 9 destinations It’s also only served by 4 airlines

Detroit is a Delta Hub. Expecting direct flights for any other major airline is odd

McAllen is also a very small international airport. It only has non stop flights to 9 destinations It’s also only served by 4 airlines
It is small, but it is the largest in the valley ...
Just for reference, I live outside of Toledo and that airport has a whole 2 terminals and they are only 10 feet apart of one another.
American does fly into the local, but a lot of thier American flights, just go up to Detroit and then goes from there to the destinations.

I Can fly from Toledo via Allegiant to numerous locations directly, but not to south Texas.

So I dont remember what model the planes were but took 2 American Airlines flights and they had 0 entertainment no tv screens nothing (on the planes) ..

Took 2 united flights and the 2nd one did have directv on the flight and had a mini controller on the right arm rest. I think that one was a boeing plane ..

I still say my best plane experience was jet blue as you could see all kinds of info on the touch screen(xm directv and on demand movies) Even in economy class

My next upcoming travel is delta ... hope they have D* on the planes .

I finally flew delta and the 1st flight had directv!
The 2nd was dish but it didn't work in the air... only worked during take off and after landing

And yes the channels were limited. I remember united felt like it had standard directv channels but I stopped around 300 didn't check like hbo etc ..

I finally flew delta and the 1st flight had directv!
The 2nd was dish but it didn't work in the air... only worked during take off and after landing

And yes the channels were limited. I remember united felt like it had standard directv channels but I stopped around 300 didn't check like hbo etc ..
I flew Delta last week, out of four planes, all had Directv. One was a very small regional, and didnt have either.

Reactions: dtv757
I flew Delta last week, out of four planes, all had Directv. One was a very small regional, and didnt have either.
When I was flying from Michigan to Florida and back because of our move and getting the house in Michigan ready to sell, every flight had Dish, did not care since I had my ipad and really bad wifi on the plane.

United has D* on select older Continental 737's which have been rebranded United. Screens in seat backs and controls on the arm rest.
yes i remember the controller on the arm rest (on United) . also as i said above the channel were the same as home DirecTV (via United) . on Delta it was only like 15 select networks you could pick.

so i did a lot of flying this year and im shocked and how many planes do NOT have TVs.

only 4 out of the 14 total planes i was on had TV screens.
(1 delta, 1 delta(dish) 2 united flights)

and I flew AA, Delta, and United. event went international with AA and I was shocked it didn't have TVs .

Didn't fly JETBLUE this year but they don't fly out of my local airport.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)