Directv to shift away from Satellite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Optimist.

And BPL and AirGig will be with us Real Soon Now!
:rollingeyes

One of the reasons they bought DTV was for their subscriber base so they could do better channel contract negotiations and they said that also helped them launch DTV NOW. They said they could have never have launched a streaming service with just UVerseTV. I think they will keep DTV but try to get the DTV customers to switch to internet streaming but they would only do that when they get their streaming service just like DTV. Then they can tell customers you can get their premium TV service with all the features DTV has but you wont need a dish on the roof to do it or bulky equipment since the DVR will be in the cloud.
the day that happens will be the day I switch to Dish or as a last resort, Cable

Reactions: pattykay
5g has a ways to go.
it would have to be unlimted data
it would have to go places without power poles (some places use underground)
it need to figure out to to penetrate foilage
then it need to be rolled out
maybe 20 years?
In 20 years, it will be useless for me ...

Reactions: bobvick
ditching sat would eliminate much of the subscriber base.
remember sat is the only option for 15-20% of the country
i would gues 30-50% of sat customers have no other option
Traditional cable and satellite are fading away..in another 10 years it will be easy to dump satellite

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

They won't do cables

That's a funny way of looking at it just like how Millennials look at the old tech that their parents used. They would eventually say why did their parents need a cable wire or dish to watch TV. One thing I don't get is why Millennials like watching TV on a small screen especially movies?

Last edited:
they do cables now, at least to the house. then maybe wifi

or do you know something i dont?
Cable subscriptions are dropping for a variety of reasons..eventually it won't be cost effective to launch new satellites..just like every other hot new technology..it peaks and slowly fades awsy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts