DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No offense but they do not care, the NFL only wants that 2 billion dollars check.

Also, do not blame streaming for this, DirecTV decided ( based on yesterday’s news story) they do not want NFLST anymore, too expensive for AT&T to carry on a service that has maybe 5-8 years of life left.

As far as streaming goes, what service do you have and you should look into Star Link, for rural customers it might be your only hope for fast broadband.
Your estimation for Starlink is admirable ...
No one knows if Starlink WILL be there and ready for this type of thing ...
I HOPE it will be, but if I am the avg customer for them, They are WAY TOO EXPENSIVE ... as expected.

Reactions: SamCdbs and AZ.
That’s the business rate, not the residential rate. Why are you doing this?

The monthly fee for StarLink is about $100. After a one time up front charge for the dish.

Its the 2 year wait for delivery also
Took about 10 months from Deposit to Shipped for mine-

1BC07107-C1B6-40C6-9794-CF9D51AF8989.jpeg

By the way, it is still in the box in my Game Room, hopefully I will hook it up next week, been busy with the sale of my house in Michigan.

Order now to reserve your Starlink. Starlink is currently at capacity in your area, so your order may not be fulfilled until 2023 or later. You will receive a notification once your Starlink is ready to ship.

Hardware
$499.00
Shipping & Handling
$50.00
Est. Tax
$39.81
Service
$99.00 /mo

$ 589. Just to get started ....
Then $100 per month and you hope its better than what I already have.

Then again, I can go to Fiber and thats more than the $100 p/m
Internet prices are ridiculous as I said they would be when Streaming started to take place.

Btw, No, The internet is NOT WORTH more than $100 a month.
Don't forget you still would have to add all your Apps on top of that to watch your TV.

I would pay now for something that MIGHT be worthwhile when I actually get it .... they said sometime in 2023.

Reactions: AZ.
Btw, No, The internet is NOT WORTH more than $100 a month.
Don't forget you still would have to add all your Apps on top of that to watch your TV.

I would pay now for something that MIGHT be worthwhile when I actually get it .... they said sometime in 2023.
Don't you pay more then $160 for Live TV service, I believe that is a waste of money, specially since the majority of programming is reruns.

And the internet is worth that, with Hulu, Paramount+, Peacock, AMC+,Discovery+, you get most of what is on Traditional Services for less then $40, then tons of free stuff on PlutoTV and Tubi, if you want sports, add ESPN+ for $7, so internet at $100, Streaming at less then $50, you are under what you pay for DirecTV alone.

Star Link is still less then HughesNet, the main competition for rural customers and you get faster speeds ( roughly around 200 down)and no data cap.

HughesNet
Equipment- $449.00
Monthly Service- $159.99 for 25 down and a 75GB data cap

Reactions: John2021
Status
Please reply by conversation.