DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So you spend an extra $876 to save $100...sounds like a steal to me
or if it stayed with DirecTV, at a average of $140 a month-

DirecTV-$1680 for the year + Sunday Ticket ( some received it for free or, I believe, extra $400 for ST)=$2080

YTTV-$876 for the year + $249=$1125, so $565 less then DirecTV on it’s own.

Once again you are proving your business and math skills.

No..still don't know the terms and conditions
Juan’s Rabbit HoleTM

Reactions: Mr Tony
No..still don't know the terms and conditions
Sorry but I'm not going to sit here and go down Juan's Rabbit Hole and watch you move the goal posts to get a rise of out someone
I personally don't care about NFL ST as I watch the local team (the Vikes). Last year I got NFL red zone on Sling and it was AWESOME!
But lets say for gits and shiggles I do want it. I pay $350 (or $390 if I want RZ included) and done. Don't need to get YTTV. Don't need Directv satellite (oh wait I live in a apartment complex so that wont happen) and have a 2 year agreement.

Reactions: meStevo
Sorry but I'm not going to sit here and go down Juan's Rabbit Hole and watch you move the goal posts to get a rise of out someone
Remember the TM since it is Trademarked.
I personally don't care about NFL ST as I watch the local team (the Vikes). Last year I got NFL red zone on Sling and it was AWESOME!
Not for you, but for me living in Florida and waiting to watch the Lions , so worth it and at a much better price then DirecTV , even YTTV with ST is still, roughly, $500 less then DirecTV on it’s own.

Kind of explains why DirecTV has the highest churn amongst all the Providers, over 12 Million gone, roughly, 56% of it’s subscribers and only worth $15 Billion from $67 Billion, that is what AT&T paid for it.
But let’s say for gits and shiggles I do want it. I pay $350 (or $390 if I want RZ included) and done. Don't need to get YTTV. Don't need Directv satellite (oh wait I live in a apartment complex so that wont happen) and have a 2 year agreement.
Everyday I keep struggling with keeping YTTV since the majority of content from Live TV is on streaming services like Hulu, Paramount, Peacock, etc.

Glad we have the option of getting ST without a TV provider, which we could not with DirecTV.

Now it does not matter, Dish subs can get it, Comcast, Charter, etc.

I believe many will be surprised at many subs they can get since it is not locked with DirecTV, which did not help them with keeping subscribers.

But lets say for gits and shiggles I do want it. I pay $350 (or $390 if I want RZ included) and done. Don't need to get YTTV. Don't need Directv satellite (oh wait I live in a apartment complex so that wont happen) and have a 2 year agreement.
I am just saying
The preorder price expires june 6th

They don't mention what the terms and conditions are..only that they exist

Then it will auto renew ( unless you cancel before it happens) with no refunds

Thats all i pointed out

I am just saying
The preorder price expires june 6th

They don't mention what the terms and conditions are..only that they exist

Then it will auto renew ( unless you cancel before it happens) with no refunds

Thats all i pointed out
And you are bringing up all these things to make this switchover to be negative, hence Juan’s Rabbit HoleTM.

The facts are it will be available to the majority of the United States’ population, it is less expensive then DirecTV with ST by, at least, $500, you are not locked to DirecTV to receive it, do not even need a Live TV Service.

And so what if the preorder price price expires, all preorder prices do, that is why they call them a preorder price.

And DirecTV auto-renewed it also, then you had to call them by a certain date before they charged you, with YT, it will just take a couple of clicks of the mouse.

And you are bringing up all these things to make this switchover to be negative, hence Juan’s Rabbit HoleTM.

The facts are it will be available to the majority of the United States’ population, it is less expensive then DirecTV with ST by, at least, $500, you are not locked to DirecTV to receive it, do not even need a Live TV Service.

And so what if the preorder price price expires, all preorder prices do, that is why they call them a preorder price.

And DirecTV auto-renewed it also, then you had to call them by a certain date before they charged you, with YT, it will just take a couple of clicks of the mouse.
No
I read the link

Waiting for those that said YTTV Subscribers would be paying more than what DirecTV charged to say they were incorrect.

I believe the YT Primetime price is less then DirecTV charged.
D* was charging around $350 a year+ if you didn't get any discounts.

I've had the ST Max for free the last several years. I watched the RZC 99.9% of the time and the ST was strictly for friends and family to watch their out of market teams. It is too bad they do not have an option for those people who only want to watch their out of market team play.

I've had the ST Max for free the last several years. I watched the RZC 99.9% of the time and the ST was strictly for friends and family to watch their out of market teams. It is too bad they do not have an option for those people who only want to watch their out of market team play.
The whole package IS Out of Market.
Thats the only reason for it, to watch the OOM games.

Bother tiers are less expensive than DirecTV's offer - looks like $293.94 / $395.94 were the ST / Max price from last season.

RedZone is part of the sports pack for $11/mo, wonder if that'll stay there and the extra tier is just a value-added thing for people who don't bother adding / removing the package. Would save a few bucks doing that unless more perks are added to the RedZone addition.

Given the popularity, no real reason to expect them to move it from the sports pack.

That was the premium version with all the bells and whistles...didnt they have a cheaper version?
Well, the one with the bells and whistles only really cost another $20 or so dollars iirc.

Well, I just saw and article that stated ST was $293 .... not sure if I remember when it was ever under $300.

No matter what, either order it before June 6 or after, YTTV with ST will be less expensive then DirecTV with ST by hundreds of dollars, that includes getting ST for free from DirecTV.

Cannot compare the standalone pricing since it was never offered to the majority of the population that way.

No matter what, either order it before June 6 or after, YTTV with ST will be less expensive then DirecTV with ST by hundreds of dollars, that includes getting ST for free from DirecTV.

Cannot compare the standalone pricing since it was never offered to the majority of the population that way.

Yup, negative headlines generate clicks, going to find plenty of them for those that want to lean into that.

Stand alone prices are right there.
D* was somewhere between $293 and $395.

This is the PRICE for ST .... don't say well you had to have D* pricing added on to it, thats a different conversation.

YT version WILL cost more than D*'s as I said a year or so ago, because, D* set the price already ....

Now many had Hoped that YT would come in with a cheaper price, but why would they ... D already told them what people would spend.

I have 2 questions:

Will it be possible to share YT accounts with another house and split the cost?

If not: Will NFL Red Zone (the NFL Network produced version) be available on Directv?

Stand alone prices are right there.
D* was somewhere between $293 and $395.

This is the PRICE for ST .... don't say well you had to have D* pricing added on to it, thats a different conversation.
But you had to have DirecTV to get ST, so a fair comparison to YTTV with ST.
Now many had Hoped that YT would come in with a cheaper price, but why would they ... D already told them what people would spend.
Well if they sub by June 6, it will be right in the middle of DirecTV's price for it as a standalone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.