DirecTV2PC Issues & Feedback

You need internet for activation don't you? I am well versed in this type of networking, been streaming my replay tv units throughout my building for years.

Thats just a software D/L and install deal; it should not be needed post-install to use the app; you would also need internet to update the software, but not for the typical use.. As I have used my DirecTV2PC while I had my DSL modem and not my router offline (just no internet access) and it worked just fine.

I have also had and used the ReplayTV and DVarchive in the same functionality (I think Don - dfergie still does) and IT is also my daily game. In fact now that DirecTV owns the ReplayTV/SonicBlue portfolio; I truly think this is why we are starting to see some of the ReplayTV-like features.

Last edited:
Does anyone see this as potentially working with the internet where you can have the software on a laptop and take it on business/ vacation and with an internet connection, be able to view your recordings from home on it ?

We can already use a internet connection to program a recording while away from home.

Jimbo

Does anyone see this as potentially working with the internet where you can have the software on a laptop and take it on business/ vacation and with an internet connection, be able to view your recordings from home on it ?

We can already use a internet connection to program a recording while away from home.

Jimbo

It could work in the future if you run a VPN and but the problem is bandwidth. You would need to have at least a 10+ MB upload speed. Not common at all now. And a very fast download speed wherever your laptop is...

Mine shutdown because it couldn't keep getting activated through Cyberlink's activation server. So from what I see when I ran it, you do need internet.

Weird, I have had my DSL modem offline and only my home network online and still had the app not only work but streaming the programming. I will test this again as this is what I was basing my statement on.

Weird, I have had my DSL modem offline and only my home network online and still had the app not only work but streaming the programming. I will test this again as this is what I was basing my statement on.

Why would you need internet? All you need is an intranet. It is driven by the software.:D

Why would you need internet? All you need is an intranet. It is driven by the software.:D

If you would read the rest of the post BEFORE that is exactly what I have been saying; but the rest are claiming loss of internet is also causing them to lose the app; which has not been my experience.

I've got a good one for all you "in the know" out there...

Inspiron 530 - Q6600
Vista Home Premium, SP1
3Gig ram
640Gig HDD
ATI HD4850 with 512Meg ram

I can open anything in the guide list, HD or SD, but it all plays as if it is stuck at about 1.5x speed. (video is too fast, audio sounds like the chipmunks).

Last night, my daughter was logged in, under her account (standard user), and for S&G I decided to fire up Directv2pc, and voila!, it worked like a champ.

Why would it run fine uder a standard user, but run fst under an administrator account?

??????

Maybe under her acct there are some things NOT running in the background or as processes which your acct may have running.

Jimbo

From everything I heard, including before the beta launch, is that outside-of-the-home is NOT planned. Too many content protection issues.

If you want that, I highly recomend investing in a slingbox. I do not believe we will see that as a feature from DirecTV anytime in the near future.

How about being able to watch "Live TV" vs recorded ?

Are we moving any closer to being able to view a recording on any TV, MRV, like the U-Verse is able to do ?

Jimbo

Bug: Sound works great until pause, ff, skip30 buttons are pressed. From then on the video works fine but audio is gone.

I would like to have Directv2pc have an always on top feature like media player or Slingbox. That way I can have a small window while I surf the Internet and see/work on my browser.

Do they have any plans to make it work with 2 monitors? It would be great to watch your shows and still surf the web.

I completely agree. I have a 2 monitor setup and it wont allow videos to play. I can run a direct HDMI wire from the receiver but its already wired to another room so it would be great if they activated this feature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)