DirecTV's Plans for 2006/2007

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I agree.. thats my plan now.. as I will always be ota.. no matter what

Proc said:
I think the idea of "hearts" next to a customers ID is a bit lame, but I digress. I only call when I have a legitimate concern, but my 3 years of NFLST should give me many hearts...LOL.

The main thing I am intrigued with is the smaller version of the 5LNB dish. If you get your locals OTA now, is there truly any reason to get the AT9? It sounds like waiting out the new dish and then new national HD programming is the way to go.

dragon002 said:
moq,

then you posted a lot of really dumb cr*p, like voom and dish channels

never gonna happen

and charlie can kiss our collective *sses, if this comes true, hes TOAST

voom is not excluseive to dish netork, so how is staing directv should add them crap?

and how is redoing the channels in logical order like
2-69 locals
70-99 directv related channels (training / mix / active / schedules / etc)
100-199 must carry and news/info related channels and shopping channels
200-299 general and ethnic us based entertainment channels
300-399 music and culture
400-499 sports
500-899 hd
900-999 xm sat radio
1000-1499 ppv's
1500-2000 foriegn stations

and how is saying what features directv should have in its dvr's crap? i mean a company who goes backwards in numbering new software fixes, needs alot of help, 109f to 103a makes no logical sense, 109f to 109g makes sense

and diff manufactures make the box, but all should have the latest software use same version numbers, because for continuity sake

and how is listed all the channels directv should add is crap?

stop making lame statements and make fact based answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon002
moq,

never gonna happen

If you can not tell within 10 years the following will happen and others will start to happen

1. will be only 4 or so cable companies servicing the entire country

2. directv and echostar will merge - as well as i see directv moving from direct satellite delivery to customers, to a way where they beam all channels down to 1-4 downlink centers (1 in each time zone) hawaii and alaska as well and using wimax or whatever replaces it to send signal to your antenna on your home........................ and if you think that's crazy, well go to http://www.usdtv.com ...which i forsee directv buying..... and possibly tivo, if they dont get hooked up with alot of fios or cable operators

3. verizon will offer their quad way services,,, and will be joined by other telcos, which with all mergers will leave the country with 3 providers ... who all 3 will offer fios and tv and phone and etc

4, xm and sirius will merge and be 1.. their main rival if you can call them that will be music choice

so in each area where you live, for all your communiction needs, you will have
1 satellite provider
1 cable provider
1 telco provider

to choose between for your services

Last edited:
hdtvtechno said:
LongHornXp

What about those who are long time customers who dont have their Social Security # on file with Directv, in regards with good Credit history ?

If your an existing customer with a good history with DirecTV you will be considered a low risk customer so you won't be paying anything upfront anytime soon.

herdfan said:
How many hearts should I get?

Customer since 9/94
Mo. bill at 160+
NFLST since 1994
Bill gets charged to CC, so never late
One call to retention to get $250 credit for purchase of HR10-250, otherise only call to activate new receivers.

I think I should get 10 hearts.:D

Your five hearts easy bud.

moqz1001 said:
voom is not excluseive to dish netork, so how is staing directv should add them crap?

and how is redoing the channels in logical order like
2-69 locals
70-99 directv related channels (training / mix / active / schedules / etc)
100-199 must carry and news/info related channels and shopping channels
200-299 general and ethnic us based entertainment channels
300-399 music and culture
400-499 sports
500-899 hd
900-999 xm sat radio
1000-1499 ppv's
1500-2000 foriegn stations

and how is saying what features directv should have in its dvr's crap? i mean a company who goes backwards in numbering new software fixes, needs alot of help, 109f to 103a makes no logical sense, 109f to 109g makes sense

and diff manufactures make the box, but all should have the latest software use same version numbers, because for continuity sake

and how is listed all the channels directv should add is crap?

stop making lame statements and make fact based answers

First I see nothing wrong with these requests as many of them I would like as well. I don't see this users post as bashing in anyway and is only asking for stuff that can be done today and not asking for something that just cannot be done and is known to be that way just to be a pain. With that said all other users please quit bashing this user because I've read bashing and this my friend isn't bashing period.

moqz1001 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon002
moq,

never gonna happen

If you can not tell within 10 years the following will happen and others will start to happen

1. will be only 4 or so cable companies servicing the entire country

2. directv and echostar will merge - as well as i see directv moving from direct satellite delivery to customers, to a way where they beam all channels down to 1-4 downlink centers (1 in each time zone) hawaii and alaska as well and using wimax or whatever replaces it to send signal to your antenna on your home........................ and if you think that's crazy, well go to http://www.usdtv.com ...which i forsee directv buying..... and possibly tivo, if they dont get hooked up with alot of fios or cable operators

3. verizon will offer their quad way services,,, and will be joined by other telcos, which with all mergers will leave the country with 3 providers ... who all 3 will offer fios and tv and phone and etc

4, xm and sirius will merge and be 1.. their main rival if you can call them that will be music choice

so in each area where you live, for all your communiction needs, you will have
1 satellite provider
1 cable provider
1 telco provider

to choose between for your services

This on the other hand is something I chuckled at when I read it. In no way will all of this happen no way. The only thing I see that could happen are the two sat radio companies merging but that is it. That doesn't mean Dish and DirecTV won't partner up on something but that won't be a merger but a partnership. Wireless internet service would be one example of a partnership between Dish and DirecTV and it will benefit customers to both companies as one might do it on their own but not the other.

LonghornXP said:
This on the other hand is something I chuckled at when I read it. In no way will all of this happen no way. The only thing I see that could happen are the two sat radio companies merging but that is it. That doesn't mean Dish and DirecTV won't partner up on something but that won't be a merger but a partnership. Wireless internet service would be one example of a partnership between Dish and DirecTV and it will benefit customers to both companies as one might do it on their own but not the other.

which part made you chuckle ? considering all the mergers and less providers we are getting in this country, i can see it happening

and antenna wireless tv is here with usdtv...

explain why impossible on all the list

Wasn't a merger between DIRECTV and DISH attempted,only to be shot down by the FCC,citing in their ruling that such a merger would be considered a monopoly in their opinion?

The only things on the list that has a snowball's chance is USDTV being bought out, but I doubt it will be by either of the DBS players; ending up with 4 cable cos. The rest of that is a dream.

vurbano said:
Charlie doesnt need to kiss it. He is kicking it. D* is an embarrassment now and over the last 2 years IMO. Come back when you are offering ANY real HD channels and more of them. ANd BTW, got an mpeg4 HD DVR yet? Charlie does.

How bout tell Charlie to come back when he's really using MPEG-4 compression and not tagging MPEG-2 with an MPEG-4 header and forcing customers to buy something they really don't need!!!

Tell Charlie having 25 channels of HD SH*T does noone any good. I've had both and I'm sorry but HD-Lite looks no different to me.....no matter how mathematically inferior it may be in some minds

It's nice to see the Dish people chiming in. After the CES they were talking and whooping it up, but not now. Right now Dish's HD setup is much better than D*'s. In the future, however, that is going to change. E* has VOOM and D* doesn't, big deal. I would rather wait for the FOX HD channels to come out. It is obvious that E* is all about now, but D* is looking ahead to the future. The sad part is the future is only a year away.

bgilga said:
It's nice to see the Dish people chiming in.

Actually I am not a Dish person. Im a D* sub with thousands in equipment that would like them to deliver what they advertise.

Proc said:
I think the idea of "hearts" next to a customers ID is a bit lame, but I digress. I only call when I have a legitimate concern, but my 3 years of NFLST should give me many hearts...LOL.

The main thing I am intrigued with is the smaller version of the 5LNB dish. If you get your locals OTA now, is there truly any reason to get the AT9? It sounds like waiting out the new dish and then new national HD programming is the way to go.

Yes, my sentiments exactly. Not only is a smaller dish, but I think it is aesthectically pleasing as well. Kinda has a nice futuristic almost "jJetson's" like appeal.

dragon002 said:
all in due time vurbano, in due time.

really? got a source? Theyve announced all of this sh*t yet nothing on improving PQ. But go right ahead and sign up for 2 more years.:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

To wait for new hd dvr, or not?

DirecTV pixilation problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)