Disabling video & OSD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

phlatwound

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 25, 2007
Goosapeak Junction
Is there a way to disable the video and/or on-screen-display on my tv without disconnecting cables? :confused:

I like to listen to tv audio-only, or DVB radio audio when I go to sleep sometimes, but would like to kill the light from the video.

Using a CS 6000, composite video and audio, audio is going through a Sonic Voom......into a 46" Toshiba HDTV internal speakers.

If you have a home theater amp, just run the audio to it, you can leave the tv off and listen all you want. TV puts me to sleep too, lol, sometimes I can conk out listening to a ball game with screaming official's whistles, war movies, etc. As long as Billy Mays doesn't scream out I'm gone.

If you don't have a home theater amp, you could take the audio coming out of the Sonic Vooms and have them go to a set of computer type speakers instead of the TV. I have a set of old Labtec speakers with a subwoofer that have far superior sound to the tinny built in TV ones. Only about 50 bucks if you don't have a set already lying around.

turbo, I don't have a home theater amp but I am looking for a cheapie now, hope to go that direction eventually.

Conky, great idea.....and it works! I had an old set of computer speakers and plugged them into the unused headphone output on the Sonic Voom.

I can't get the "powered" speaker to work (audio is there but just barely), but when I plug the other speaker into the headphone jack in the back of the "powered" speaker I get volume at a very listenable level from the "unpowered" speaker. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Maybe tonight I can drift off to slumberland listening to the SOOTHING & LILTING TONES OF BILLY MAYS!!!!! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)