Status
Please reply by conversation.

phlatwound

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 25, 2007
Goosapeak Junction
Is there a way to disable the video and/or on-screen-display on my tv without disconnecting cables? :confused:

I like to listen to tv audio-only, or DVB radio audio when I go to sleep sometimes, but would like to kill the light from the video.

Using a CS 6000, composite video and audio, audio is going through a Sonic Voom......into a 46" Toshiba HDTV internal speakers.

If you have a home theater amp, just run the audio to it, you can leave the tv off and listen all you want. TV puts me to sleep too, lol, sometimes I can conk out listening to a ball game with screaming official's whistles, war movies, etc. As long as Billy Mays doesn't scream out I'm gone.

If you don't have a home theater amp, you could take the audio coming out of the Sonic Vooms and have them go to a set of computer type speakers instead of the TV. I have a set of old Labtec speakers with a subwoofer that have far superior sound to the tinny built in TV ones. Only about 50 bucks if you don't have a set already lying around.

turbo, I don't have a home theater amp but I am looking for a cheapie now, hope to go that direction eventually.

Conky, great idea.....and it works! I had an old set of computer speakers and plugged them into the unused headphone output on the Sonic Voom.

I can't get the "powered" speaker to work (audio is there but just barely), but when I plug the other speaker into the headphone jack in the back of the "powered" speaker I get volume at a very listenable level from the "unpowered" speaker. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Maybe tonight I can drift off to slumberland listening to the SOOTHING & LILTING TONES OF BILLY MAYS!!!!! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts