disappointed with programming

Jbonds84 said:
excuses, excuses, excuses
All of you 'voom defenders' are giving cheap excuses about the movie channels offered on voom. Regarless of what everyone says the truth is that you don't really like the quality of the programming shown. You (just as I did) signed up with this satellite company to watch true and modern HD quality television not upconverted oldies. To those that supposedly 'enjoy' and defend the HD cinema channels I have to say that your opinions only reflect the big holes voom is making in your pockets...Ooouch... Truth hurts doesn't it?
Just try and think about the hours you people spend watching channels 101-110 on a weekly basis and compare it with the hours spent watching 10 of your favorite cable channels. Which side wins?

Im with you man. All of the voomers are a victim :no of the hype lol. They have been hosed. :yes

OK, Stunt, three days ago...

your post about locals showed you had no idea what voom had to offer. You were considering signing up. Now you are an expert? Gimme a break!

Stunt_101 said:
Im with you man. All of the voomers are a victim :no of the hype lol. They have been hosed. :yes

I think we've all been "hosed". We're arguing with one ten-year-old with 3 usernames. :p

Here's what I want to know if all the people that are complaining about the Cinema 10 channels and PQ and there's nothing on any of the other HD channels why don't they cancel? I had my thoughts about it at 1st because I only like Monster HD now I watch a lot more of the other channel's as well . Sure we all want more and better movies, I remember when the scfi channel 1st started there wasn't to much on there that I remember . Their's still a few things I don't like but I will stay with it and I hope everything is well worked out by the end of the year and then I will see how I fill then

Jbonds84 said:
excuses, excuses, excuses
All of you 'voom defenders' are giving cheap excuses about the movie channels offered on voom. Regarless of what everyone says the truth is that you don't really like the quality of the programming shown. You (just as I did) signed up with this satellite company to watch true and modern HD quality television not upconverted oldies. To those that supposedly 'enjoy' and defend the HD cinema channels I have to say that your opinions only reflect the big holes voom is making in your pockets...Ooouch... Truth hurts doesn't it?
Just try and think about the hours you people spend watching channels 101-110 on a weekly basis and compare it with the hours spent watching 10 of your favorite cable channels. Which side wins?

Cinema10, Monsters (or DVD's). Most cable channels have been so compromised by crap they are unwatchable to me.

And you have no idea why *I* subscribed so don't even try to blanket statement that.

I've been interested in Voom even prior to the Rainbow 1 launched (and before it had a name) and I also knew exactly what was offered before I subscribed.

Voom is much cheaper than my former cable bill so you have no idea what you are talking about.

I knew exactly what it offered.

They have actually been listening to us (more OAR transfers, etc).

"Supposedly enjoy" ain't that. Just because *you* don't like older movies doesn't make those of us who do liars (implied by 'supposedly').

And OMG the 'truth' hurts so much you made me cry. Guess I'll be can celling Voom now due to your ever so insightful post. :D

Just cancel already if you don't like it.

Dissatisfied with programming?

Yeah, Cinema 10 shows older movies but what cable/satellite premium channel doesn't. The 35mm transfers look alot better than any movie I've seen on cable/DBS. I'm very satisfied with Voom and would not consider going back to Dishnetwork. I had the America Top 150 programming with Dish,
15 Shopping Networks, 4 religious channels (no HD unless you wanted to fork out a few hundred dollars for a half dozen channels) and a whole bunch of other stuff I never watched. When you take that garbage away Voom has about the same watchable channels as the others plus the HD programming.
Time is running out, you guys and gals better give Voom a call and utilize that HDTV! RAVE HD rocks!

X-voomer

In all fairness Voom is the "end all, be all" of HD programming today. I had to call 3 times, in which, I actually spoke to a person every time to cancel my service. The first time, I was given a free month. The second, 2 free months of VaVaVoom, the third I asked that they not offer me anything else and terminated service.

I have had HD from 3 providers, Voom was the best selection ... but ... the PQ issues made me drop them like a hot potato. Most of my viewing is HBO and ESPN so I get what I want from D*.

Oops, back on topic. Cinema 10, is better than HDNet Movies only because there is a choice. I agree that I did not see a VAST difference between C10 and a DVD though. Both my DVD and VOOM (now HTL-HD) use component video hook-ups and my whole system is run with series 2 Monster Cable. The OLD movies are better quality but Mississippi Burning looked better on DVD to my eyes. I am sure that I am just unobservant but I only noticed true HD on the exclusives like Rave, Moov, etc. My ESPN & HBO actually LOOK better on D*. There is also no pixelization with D* that I noted with Voom and I do not have LOS issues at my property.

X-voomer, sad to see ya go.

I'll see your 20 and raise you 10 that you'll be back at Voom before it's all said and done. Voom and HD is still in its infancy stage. Patience is a virtue.

"Patience is a virtue."

Oh PLEASE

You have and idiotic consumer mentality. You sh*t heads are sympathizing for a f**king company who has you lock up on the hype.

"I love voom it has the most HDTV programming ever. But I most of the channels are garbage. OH well it doesn’t matter I HAVE VOOM!! They are a new company and im gonna wait as long as it takes to get my channels."

You guys are either rich or stupid.

Im presuming your stupid.

Whether you agree with the newbies or not, what is the HD alternative? flipping through 6 channels of HD on D*? Been there, done that. Its a joke.

Stunt_101 said:
"Patience is a virtue."

Oh PLEASE

"I love voom it has the most HDTV programming ever. But I most of the channels are garbage. OH well it doesn’t matter I HAVE VOOM!! They are a new company and im gonna wait as long as it takes to get my channels."

Moderator Note: Edited quote...

Hilarious.

Why do we keep getting these posts? jealousy?

If you dont like what V* has to offer then dont subscribe. There are No V* uber police grabbing your arm and making you sign on the dotted line. The devil isnt making you trade your soul for V* programming.

Please go away and save my fingers from having to reply to these immature illogical rants.

The older movies that they show aren't that great. I consider this a good thing beacuse I've already seen all the great movies. To me they are worth watching because I've never seen them before. I consider them to be on a par with movies made for TV, but with nudity, gore, and F-words. And to all those who want IND, guess what? They show the exact same movies and concerts that Voom does. The only thing I miss about INHD is the new Twighlight Zone and the IMAX movies, but I've probably seen all those already. INHD also has good sports, but I'm not into sports. I did watch UFC and wrestling. I don't see any reason to add INHD1/2 to Voom, but they could add the small bit of programming that isn't already duplicated to existing Voom channels.

Voom is just starting out. It will develop into a great sat service...but it takes time. Even when Directv and Dish started out they sucked big time and they were expensive. No free installation , I'll tell you that. Im a VOOM backer, but Im not going to sit here and tell you that everything with VOOm is perfect. Truth...I havent watched a full movie on the Cin10 yet, and I have had VOOm for 5 mths. Also, MOOV is bad. Its just bad. I would have to have a TON of time on my hands to watch that ch. Its a waste. I dont like the fasion ch...get rid of it. On the other hand ...I love Monsters HD ...I like surfing around for something to watch...I like how DiscHD and ESPNHD and TNTHD were added to the lower package at no extra cost. I had Time Warner Cable in my house ...and for 55 bucks a mth I received CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, WNET digital ch's..and DISCHD. Thats it!!! 55 bucks a mth...and I never even watched it. I use VOOM now more than Directv and I have far less ch's than I do on DTV. VOOM's lower package is a great value. You dont have to like the CIN10 ch's. Maybe once in a while they will have a movie on that you are interested in...maybe not. But I watch DiscHD...ESPNHD...TNTHD...MonstersHD...WorldSportHD...I have been checking out EqHD...all for 3 bucks less a month then I was paying. Bitch about the ch's all you want. There not all bad. Yes the movies could be better...but if you want recent movies and blockbuster movies get the VA VA VOOM package and you will have every premium movie Ch out there in HD. The Cin10 isnt great but hey ...they are there. its something to watch. Credit VOOM for offering something that other services dont. Give VOOM time to grow....if you dont want to then cancel and go back to Directv's HD pack...ESPNHD, HDNET, HDNETMOVIES, CBS(where available) HBOHD(IF you sub to HBO) , SHOHD(If you sub to SHO). Did i miss any? VOOM wins hands down on the HD front.

Deleted 1 post and edited one quote in a post. We do not need to curse and use poor language in order to express dissastifaction with anything. It all can be conducted in a mature manner. If the same continues, I will be forced to put anyone in moderation mode.

Thank you for cooperation in this matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts