DISH 2016 CES Press Event

Ok, I am REALLY excited about the H3!! Is there a link to see the full video of the press conference when Vivek unveiled the new Hopper? I saw a short 2 minute video, but I'd love to see the whole thing!

Search the CNET site there should be the full video there.
Hmmm..I searched for "Dish Network" and "Dish Hopper" and filtered the results to "Video" and could only find the short video I mentioned in my first post. If anyone knows where to find the full presentation, please share if you can, thanks!

Hmmm..I searched for "Dish Network" and "Dish Hopper" and filtered the results to "Video" and could only find the short video I mentioned in my first post. If anyone knows where to find the full presentation, please share if you can, thanks!
Go to YouTube and search for Dish CES 2016, a CNET video that lasts about 11 hours is on there. Dish is somewhere in the 7:30 mark.

Reactions: simplexswrhs90
In watching Scott's interview with Vivek it sounds like the Wally is basically a Hopper without a DVR. If that is correct and you currently have 2 HWS wouldn't getting one H3 and one Wally solve the concern about back up redundancy (at least for programming, not recording)?

Ok, I am REALLY excited about the H3!! Is there a link to see the full video of the press conference when Vivek unveiled the new Hopper? I saw a short 2 minute video, but I'd love to see the whole thing!

Here is the recording of the Hopper 3 presentation at CES:

In watching Scott's interview with Vivek it sounds like the Wally is basically a Hopper without a DVR. If that is correct and you currently have 2 HWS wouldn't getting one H3 and one Wally solve the concern about back up redundancy (at least for programming, not recording)?
Are you aloud to have a Wally on a H3 account?
I think the Wally is for customers that don't want DVR, and Dish can still use the Hybrid LNB.
I don't think they will hook up a Wally with your Hopper3 account.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: loubon
Are you aloud to have a Wally on a H3 account?
I think the Wally is for customers that don't want DVR, and Dish can still use the Hybrid LNB.
I don't think they will hook up a Wally with your Hopper3 account.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I went back and watched it again and missed the part about it being a replacement for the 211 so I see your point. But because he said it has the basic functionality of the Hopper minus the DVR I assumed it might work but I am out of my league with what you can and can't do with the various LNBs. Thanks for explaining that.

With the Wally being a replacement for the 211, they may well allow it as they do the 211 now perhaps not right away. No way to know now imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts