Status
Please reply by conversation.

elfdog

Mar 25, 2006
Dish 500, good for FTA? ;)

fta question + New User + I have a life = Will check once a day after work

Receiver: Dreambox 7020s
FTA stations: all of them if possible.

I just purchased and installed a Dish 500 off of Ebay which was listed as 'Perfect for FTA'. However, I'm unable to lock into transponders. From further reading, I should have a dish which is at least 76 cm for FTA, the Dish 500 is only 56cm. Is this true?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just purchased and installed a Dish 500 off of Ebay which was listed as 'Perfect for FTA'. However, I'm unable to lock into transponders. From further reading, I should have a dish which is at least 76 cm for FTA, the Dish 500 is only 56cm. Is this true?

elfdog
View Public Profile
Send a private message to elfdog
Send email to elfdog
Find all posts by elfdog
Add elfdog to Your Buddy List

#2 03-25-2006, 10:28 PM
TNGTony
Proud Staff Member Proud Staff Member

What satellites and channels SPECIFICALLY are you trying to get? What receiver are you using?

TNGTony
View Public Profile
Send a private message to TNGTony
Visit TNGTony's homepage!
Find all posts by TNGTony
Add TNGTony to Your Buddy List

#3 Yesterday, 12:04 AM
TNGTony
Proud Staff Member Proud Staff Member

I gave this enough time. The user was on line and on this thread for at least 30 minutes after the question was asked.

fta question + New User + Unresponsivenes = something fishy.

Closed thread.

See ya
Tony

chadzx11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 28, 2006
memphis
I don't know, perhaps it has something to do with the LNBs you are using. I've never heard of anybody using a dish 500 for FTA unless they were stealing cable.

In anycase, you would have way better results on the FTA forum, not the dish forum. Perhaps a mod can move it for you.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
you have asked the SAME QUESTION three times now and each time we have given you ample time to PM a moderator with what you are trying to pick up. Since you have a dreambox and a Dish 500 and neglect to send a PM to a moderator, I am taking the initiative to close the thread yet again and ban you

We have a no hack talk policy here

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)