Dish 622 - $99 Upgrade Details

jsanders said:
I sold my 942 on EBay and bought a 622. I sold my 921 last year and bought the 942. The upgrade to the 622 ended up costing me about $150, and I own it. Dish offers a "deal" to upgrade to a lease. They don't even give you $200 in cash, just credits against your bill. Then they take your receiver and sell it to a Canadian Express Vu customer and make even more money off of you, not to mention that they made you agree to a lengthy commitment with minimum programming requirements. No mistake about it, this "deal" is extremely lopsided, and that is the price of convenience.

Couldn't agree more what a cr*p deal you'd think they would offer a 200.00 cash rebate for faithfull customers like ourselves who year after year take it up the you know what from this company I knew it was too good to be true when I first heard of the 200.00 promotion

to pay 600.00 for a receiver then only to receive a 200.00 credit for it 18 months later when it still getting 400.00 at e-bay is an insult then to top that with a lengthy lease offer on top of it who dreams up these offers ?????

I would sooner smash it with a hammer and send the pieces to dish in protest then accept that offer ! (and if it doen't sell on e-bay I may just do that)

I plan to do just what you did also plan on dumping a bunch of programing
when my annual commitment is up next month

Dish is fast becoming the giant Ripoff artist I despised earlier in Cable

rvacs said:
So the one advantage I see on this lease deal for those who own a 942 like myself is that if the unit was to FRY/BLOWUP/BLOWOUT...since you are paying a lease fee of $6 a month...you could call DISH and they would send you a new/refurb working one to replace your broken one. If I was to buy a 622 from DISH Depot...and it blew out...if it was out of warranty...SOL.

not so if you took avantage of the extended warranty for 1.99 all receivers, switches,dishes are covered your only SOL on remotes and cables I've used this for 4 exchanges on 501's without a problem

Don't call early

Called the 888-825-2569 at 5:30 AM 4/1/06 eastern time to try to upgrade. They said their system was doing its nightly upload and to call back at 8:00 AM.

Lou

Have not been able to get thru yet? Disconnected twice? On hold now 8 minutes.

Made it thru, setup for the April 10. The installer will bring the receiver. They went over the Terms and Conditions 3 times!!!!

Last edited:
On tech support hold

Called at 8:00 am sharp - on hold 15 minutes so far. Not hung up on ---- yet.

Lou

I got through but they didn't do squat for me anyway since I leased a 622 a week ago it would not let them do another lease so I guess this rumor of having reps ready to do for all isn't true. I don't mind it but I thought they had their stuff together and had plenty of units to handle the flow. Hope you folks do better.

They said to wait 30 days and call back. LMFAO

What an anemic software system they have.

They said they will get the 622 sent to me within several days and my scheduled appointment is on April 11th from noon until 5:00. They aren't upgrading my dish, though, so what does someone need to come out for? I'll probably just swap the 942 and 622 myself when it comes by UPS and then tell them I don't need the guy to come out.

When I talked with them last week I was told my monthly bill would go from $60.96 (at120 w/locals & hd pack on an owned 921) to 65.96 but to wait until April1

Just got off the phone today and I was told my monthly fee would be $76.96 to get the 622 w/equal programming on Dish metal pack!

Said forget it!

Just got off. I have a 4/22 install (I wanted a Saturday), 35 minutes total time on phone including hold.

Tech services rep was ready to let me go as soon as they got my credit card #. Had to insist they note on my work order they needed to swap switches (I still have legacy quad) out and bring a ladder. We'll see what they show up with.

Lou

Called the special number at 5:00 am Pacific time, fist call got switched to automated tech support, I hung up. Second call get switched, then dropped. Third call was answered by a knowledgeable CSR who was trained on the promo.

I have a 721 & a 921, I asked for the swap of the 921 for a 622 with the $200 credit, no problem, asked for Bronze from the AT120 I get now, no problem, asked for a second 622 at full least price, big problem. Took awhile for her to understand I did not want to swap my 721 for a 622 under the promo, I just wanted to add a third receiver, paying the full least price of $299. It was a no go, she even checked with the ERT team, seems there is no way for me to add receivers to my account, she even looked if I could buy a 622 from Dish, no way to do that either.

So, it looks like I will have a 721, a new 622 and no way to add another 622 other than buying one at full retail from a dealer, does that sound right? Has anyone been able to lease 2 or more 622's?

Hell of a note, I want to upgrade my service, give them more money and they say I can not do it.

Last edited:
Called around 8:15. 7 minutes on hold. Asked for "SatelliteGuys upgrade hotline" :D
Upgrade scheduled for 4/21. Three weeks was the earliest they could do...

Called at 8:45 this morning, got right through. Took about 10 minutes to hear all the disclaimers and extra charges (including a $5/month charge for not having a phone line connected -- I b**ched about it since I have no home phone service -- but I`ll wait to see if that happens). The big surprise for me was my install date -- April 12th! Can't wait.

Last edited:
Mine went pretty smooth...I converted the everything package to the platinum, I will have the 622 (traded 921), 942(kept) and 508(kept). The difference for my new package is $1.01. Install date is April 11, not too bad since I thought that it would take alot longer getting the receiver which is to be delivered by next Monday:p

Everything went smooth here. Installer will be here on the l5th. I suggested that I would not need a installer as I already have a dish at 61.5 for CBS HD and did not want the super dish at 129. She said that was not an option. Also, I am an annual payer with my owned 921 receiver (I get one month free as a annual payer) and she stated that I would no longer be eligble for this option as the 622 will be a lease. Sure doesn't make much sense and I will follow-up on this as she suggested.

Does anyone have any idea why Dish wants to pay to send out an installer to swap a box out? If we already have a 921 or 942 which we have to in order to take advantage of this offer when we are already ready to install the 622 by just unplugging the 921 or 942 and putting the 622 in its place, right?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)