Dish 622 L4.05 Software (the software formerly known as 409)

622 just has to have updates enabled. It will power itself down and do updates and downloads overnight or whenever you have it scheduled.

I have mine set to do updates at 3am and then make it do an auto tune at 4am and have set the inactivity time out off so it is on virtually 23 hours a day.

Where in the menu is Auto Tune?
Thanks!

Here's my check switch screen (015):

Attachments

• 015 screen.jpg
    015 screen.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 201
Yeah, the 409 reference is probably too old for most here. FYI, it was the flip side song on the Beach Boys first record (Surfin Safari) way back in 1962. Also for those who may never have seen one, it was on a 45 RPM record. No CD's back then.

Most young-uns now think of 409 as:
Formula409.jpg

rather than:

my409.jpg

622 just has to have updates enabled. It will power itself down and do updates and downloads overnight or whenever you have it scheduled.

I have mine set to do updates at 3am and then make it do an auto tune at 4am and have set the inactivity time out off so it is on virtually 23 hours a day.

The software updates are not related to the enable update and the time of day it is set to. It will update whenever it is "off" and it sees a matching update available. Obviously the inactivity timer will have an effect as it puts the receiver in standby.

How long does it take to receive a software update? I have turned off my receiver for the past 3 nights and nothing. I have not unplugged it. I still have 405, never got 406 and am waiting for 409. Any body have any suggestions? Is there a way to check if there is an update waiting to download? Why don't they have a method to check for updates?

How long does it take to receive a software update? I have turned off my receiver for the past 3 nights and nothing. I have not unplugged it. I still have 405, never got 406 and am waiting for 409. Any body have any suggestions? Is there a way to check if there is an update waiting to download? Why don't they have a method to check for updates?

There is nothing you can do. Your receiver will get the update when E* targets it for one.

One thing I noticed (and I may have missed it before) is the check switch results screen now knows if you have a DPP Separator on the line.

Interesting.

They added a choice to Dish Pass, All or New, that was not there before.

I had previously noticed that some methods of creating a timer had the choice, and some didn't, and I think this new screen fixes that.

I had bad rain here today and my signal went out but came back without a hitch.. but on a very odd side note.. the OTA wouldn't come in well while 110 & 119 were out.. bounced from 87 to 0 over and over and over.. I didn't check the connection directly to my tv but I don't think it would have had the same issue.. my ota has been a little flaky in the last couple of revisions..

409 has been a HUGE improvement for me. I was having tons of problems with the "Acquiring Satellite Signal" screen popping up randomly on one of the tuners, sometimes accompanied by the "A problem has been detected with your switch". I have yet to see that screen pop up since I got the 409 upgrade. Great job Dish! My 622 is finally acting normal again.

Not all receivers get all updates immediately. Dish picks what receivers get which updates and when. Any update for your machine will happen soon after you turn it off, if it's scheduled for one. No, there is no way to "check" to see if your receiver has been selected to receive an update, unless you check this forum with your serial #. You get the update when 2 things occur: Dish selects your box to receive the update, and you have it turned off/in standby.

- - - - - - -

408?

...I think I have a major bug with this update that affects my MPEG4 locals. I recorded two shows the past two nights both on different stations. When I watched them tonight, they were completely unwatchable. Artifacting, hangs, skips affect 90% of the shows (not exagerating). I thought I would do an experiment. I watched live and recorded "My Name is Earl". There were no progblems watching it live. Picture never pixelated, no artifacts, hangs, skips, nothing. When I watched the recording afterwards, it was unwatchable. I also recorded it on my 622 that did not get the 4.09 update and it was fine...

I've got the same problem. On my NBC HD LiL this morning, live was fine, but if I paused or backed-up, I'd get break-ups. I even watched a little live with never a hiccup, but as soon as I backed up the same program, there were the break-ups. So this is happening in buffer, too.

What's the email address I should use to report this? Is it still: Beta.Bugs@echostar.com?

I've got the same problem. On my NBC HD LiL this morning, live was fine, but if I paused or backed-up, I'd get break-ups. I even watched a little live with never a hiccup, but as soon as I backed up the same program, there were the break-ups. So this is happening in buffer, too.

What's the email address I should use to report this? Is it still: Beta.Bugs@echostar.com?

use DishQuality@echostar.com They are forwarding these to engineering.

S~

I must be "gifted". I still have 4.05.

Same here. Still got 4.05. I'd like to have the new one just to get the off-air improvements. I'm pretty deep fringe for off-air locals, almost 70+ miles, and sometimes getting the signal is a little hairy. I'd like to see what happens with the new software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts