Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Thanks to DISHsupport.COM We have some new updates scheduled for this week!

While new software is scheduled to go out you might not get the new software imediately. There is no way to force a software update.

The ViP 622 is schedule to be update to L631
New Features and Improvements include VOD Network Folders, SVOD fix, Pop-up rework 535 fix, Live VM, reboot fixes, black screen from standby fix, other fixes, Misc.Under the Hood Changes

And the 922 is scheduled to be updated to S110
New Features and improvements include 3D Support, TV2 support enabled, WI-FI- Push Button, Dish Remote Access IP VOD Support and Misc Under the Hook Changes.

That means the 922 can finally work in dual mode. :)

I dont know what the rest of it means though, I just post what they send me.

What is wifi push button? Is dish coming out with a wifi adaptor?

Most routers refer to it as WPS or Wifi Protected Setup.

And as already stated, the wireless adapter is up on the Accessories Store for $25. Is anyone using this on a 922? And how well does it keep the "green light" on. The way I have things setup now works, but I have to reset the connection every couple days to re-establish a link with Remote Access. For $25, I just might pick up one of those adapters.

Still no googl tv support and will the 922 be the only reciver to do 3d?

Not yet. Wasn't expecting 3D though, kinda nice to know even though I can't use it.

anyone know whats new in the software version for the 722K that just came out?

VIP722K L6.80 CURRENT 11/16/2010
VIP722K L6.69 CURRENT 10/19/2010
VIP722K L6.68 previous 9/24/2010

Last edited:
tomcrown1 said:
I did not get it either is the 922 being replaced with the 924 google bulid in along with sling? If so can the current 922 owners update?

Where did you get that from? Dish may show off a new receiver at CES this year, but the way they are it will be another year to 18 months until they release it.

So no update on the 922 (S110) update? I'm curious if it fixed alot of bugs, and if the tv2 is indeed working. Still holding on to my 622, waiting to upgrade.

So will the 922 now support a 2nd RF remote for TV2, and will they start shipping them with the receivers?

Looks like the update for the 922 was a bust. Might be delayed due to problems. Isn't that the way this 922 has been from the beginning? As for the second remote control , I doubt that DISH will ship two . They want you to buy it at $30.00 a pop.

Mike, you don't have a 922 anymore so why are you constantly bitching about it?

The software was not a bust it just did not go out to everyone. DISH would not have sent me the release notes if it was not going out.

For TV2 you can use the remote that came with the 922 for TV2, and you can use any universal IR remote for TV1.

There is no conspiracy going on. DISH knows they released the 922 too early, but if they didn't release it we would have had a lot of people saying where is the 922 all this time.

Enjoy your 722k with Sling Adapter, with that you know it will work the way you want it to, its a solid workhorse. :)