DISH 622 (L631) & 922 (S110) Software Release Notes

Did the L910 go out to anyone? I have not seen any report of anyone getting the L910. I thought I read somewhere that the next update was suppose to be the L911.

dish maybe delaying the update until L911 is ready as this may be ready to go soon.

Mike, you don't have a 922 anymore so why are you constantly bitching about it?

The software was not a bust it just did not go out to everyone. DISH would not have sent me the release notes if it was not going out.

For TV2 you can use the remote that came with the 922 for TV2, and you can use any universal IR remote for TV1.

There is no conspiracy going on. DISH knows they released the 922 too early, but if they didn't release it we would have had a lot of people saying where is the 922 all this time.

Enjoy your 722k with Sling Adapter, with that you know it will work the way you want it to, its a solid workhorse. :)

NO, I Still have the 922 till this week when the 722k arrives. I paid over $350.00 plus a trade in of a 722 to get the 922. I definitely paid to have the right to bitch about the lack of promised features and the bugs. I also paid to be a publishers forum supporter as well. Doesn't that give me the right to complain? And being a 14 year DISH sub, I feel it is my obligation to inform other members of the problems with this receiver and the extra monthly cost to have one. Like you always say Scott and I agree with you, I am not paid by DISH to say nice things about their receivers. I call out DISH on this receiver because it took so long to get it to market and have now decided to scale back almost all the things that made it a" must have" to me: web browser and the sling catcher/extender. But I will ENJOY my new 722k when it gets here. I will let you know when it does.

Scott Greczkowski said:

The software was not a bust it just did not go out to everyone. DISH would not have sent me the release notes if it was not going out.

For TV2 you can use the remote that came with the 922 for TV2, and you can use any universal IR remote for TV1.

There is no conspiracy going on. DISH knows they released the 922 too early, but if they didn't release it we would have had a lot of people saying where is the 922 all this time.

Enjoy your 722k with Sling Adapter, with that you know it will work the way you want it to, its a solid workhorse. :)

Scott - do you know if future customers would get a 2nd remote by default with the update, like the 622 & 722 models? I assume it supports RF mode for tv2 remotes like the previous models.

NO, I Still have the 922 till this week when the 722k arrives. I paid over $350.00 plus a trade in of a 722 to get the 922. I definitely paid to have the right to bitch about the lack of promised features and the bugs. I also paid to be a publishers forum supporter as well. Doesn't that give me the right to complain? And being a 14 year DISH sub, I feel it is my obligation to inform other members of the problems with this receiver and the extra monthly cost to have one. Like you always say Scott and I agree with you, I am not paid by DISH to say nice things about their receivers. I call out DISH on this receiver because it took so long to get it to market and have now decided to scale back almost all the things that made it a" must have" to me: web browser and the sling catcher/extender. But I will ENJOY my new 722k when it gets here. I will let you know when it does.

You got off Easy, I paid 450 bucks with the trade in of my 722k to get my 922. Yes it has its bugs. but I wont get rid of this thing untill i know its dead. I am really hoping for some APPs like i thought we would get by now.

And news on this Scott the Apps for the 922?

Cant wait to get my s110 I already have a second remote. and the RCA cables ran to the bedroom.

+1 Thanks for saying that Scott. I'm kinda stick of all the complaints about fees and "oh look they lied again" bs that seems to be the line lately. Yes, we know you're upset, but repeating yourselves over and over again goes no where.

I only had to pay $200 to get mine and traded in a 622 on DAY ONE. It was a rocky start, but nothing I wasn't expecting. (Well except for loosing some programs when EHD was turned on the first time and then turned off because of bugs. But most came back when the software was fixed.) I regularly have three and on rare occasions four programs getting recorded and it works more often than not. Overall I'm happy with my 922 especially since the free Android app finally came out just like they said so. (I can be patient.) Being able to stream to my phone outside the home is such a great feature especially since the quality of the stream is much higher than I was expecting. And the incoming iPad app update will be the icing on the cake. If they can get GoogleTV support working before the Market gets turned on there next year. This will remain the only DVR on my account.

You got off Easy, I paid 450 bucks with the trade in of my 722k to get my 922. Yes it has its bugs. but I wont get rid of this thing untill i know its dead. I am really hoping for some APPs like i thought we would get by now.

And news on this Scott the Apps for the 922?

Cant wait to get my s110 I already have a second remote. and the RCA cables ran to the bedroom.

I'm not sold on the 922. I ordered the Sling Adapter for my 722k. It will be here tomorrow. The 722k will do almost everything I want it to do. The 922 is too buggy for me. I install at least one a week, and I don't think I really want one for myself. Especially not for the amount of money it would cost.

I understand this may not be the best thread, but it was mentioned here... Do we know for sure that the 922 won't ever have a web browser? (I'd like to be able to watch gamecenterlive.nhl.com directly on my TV.) Thanks and my apologies if this is too much of a digression.

I understand this may not be the best thread, but it was mentioned here... Do we know for sure that the 922 won't ever have a web browser? (I'd like to be able to watch gamecenterlive.nhl.com directly on my TV.) Thanks and my apologies if this is too much of a digression.

Yes no web browser for the 922 Charlie said so on one of his Charlie chat he stated that google can do it better.

Has the 910 update rolled out yet does anyone have it? Or is the 911 near ready for release and dish is waiting to release that. I heard from a beta tester that the 911 does have google integration is this true? If so tan it looks like it will be sooner than later for google tv intsrgration on the 922

Tracking ID: 468194323183

I think that he means S110 update. I wonder if it is still coming? Last I read was Scott said that it had been sent to select boxes but not all.
Scott, have you heard anything else, do they still plan to send it to everyone, or are they sending it to a few boxes at a time every night?

I think that he means S110 update. I wonder if it is still coming? Last I read was Scott said that it had been sent to select boxes but not all.
Scott, have you heard anything else, do they still plan to send it to everyone, or are they sending it to a few boxes at a time every night?

Probably but in every one of his post he is saying 910 & 911

Ok, so I got L631 on one of my 622's. One of the main things that got screwed up with L630 did not get fixed with L631. Say you have a folder with a number of episodes of the same show, Star Trek TNG in my case. Click on the folder name and you see the list of episodes. Select one of them and hit "INFO". Then when your done reading you select "DONE" it does not take you back to the list with the one you looked at highlighted. It takes you back outside the folder and you have to start over again and try to remember which one you just looked at. VERY FRUSTRATING!!

Probably but in every one of his post he is saying 910 & 911

Sorry I meant the S110, did anyone get this update? I have not seen anyone stated that they had on either site. If it has gone out you would think that someone would have stated that they got it by now. The S111 may be ready to roll out that is why their is a delay on the update.

Just got word the full release of S110 has been pushed to next week as the uplink is on lock down for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Strange that this new update (L631) screwed-up my OTA today on my VIP 622. It eliminated any signal on only 08-01 and 13-01 and all others are found? I did a hard reboot and rescanned Locals but still no signal. Since I also have DirecTV I checked it and found all OTA Locals are there? I moved all the OTA programing back to satellite but have lost my capabilities to record three channels at the same time on those two Locals only. Always something to someone with any update from DISH. Hope this is corrected but may not effect many so maybe a new update to the guide will work, but would not think so. Anyone else have this issue?

Strange that this new update (L631) screwed-up my OTA today on my VIP 622. It eliminated any signal on only 08-01 and 13-01 and all others are found? I did a hard reboot and rescanned Locals but still no signal. Since I also have DirecTV I checked it and found all OTA Locals are there? I moved all the OTA programing back to satellite but have lost my capabilities to record three channels at the same time on those two Locals only. Always something to someone with any update from DISH. Hope this is corrected but may not effect many so maybe a new update to the guide will work, but would not think so. Anyone else have this issue?

OK everything back to normal with both OTA with zero signal strength now @ 93/95. Don't know why, but glad.

Ok, so I got L631 on one of my 622's. One of the main things that got screwed up with L630 did not get fixed with L631. Say you have a folder with a number of episodes of the same show, Star Trek TNG in my case. Click on the folder name and you see the list of episodes. Select one of them and hit "INFO". Then when your done reading you select "DONE" it does not take you back to the list with the one you looked at highlighted. It takes you back outside the folder and you have to start over again and try to remember which one you just looked at. VERY FRUSTRATING!!

I have 631 and it does not do this. Note that I do not have any user created folders, so if you are talking about behavior in user created folders, that may be different.

Try unplugging the 622 when you are not recording, wait 10-20 seconds and then plug it back in - sometimes this fixes strange behavior. (In fact, I do that after every update)

Tried that. No worky. It happens on system generated folders and user generated folders both. Been doing this since L630. In the tech forum there was a thread about L630 quirks and someone else had this same thing going on.

internet text quality using revue

Any Dish receiver with HD for TV2 output?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts