DISH Channel Moves Today...

It isn't that much more difficult to set a Dish Pass or Seek Record timer compared to "save series"...more flexibility means more options which translates to a few more button presses. If you want rigid, basic and simple, that's what you'll get.

Yes, perhaps the seek record option should be incorporated into the options available when doing record series. I am inclined to think most people are not even aware of the seek record.

I am with you though on the fact that if the timer is setup that way (seek record) then this is non issue. :)

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yes, perhaps the seek record option should be incorporated into the options available when doing record series. I am inclined to think most people are not even aware of the seek record.
Perhaps that's another failing of the Hopper. On the ViP series, when you select or hit record on a future title from the guide, one of the options is Dish Pass, so you can go directly to setting up a Dish Pass timer directly from the guide. Sounds like they dumbed down the recording options on the Hopper for the masses, just like they dumbed down the DVR "list" with picture books.

Perhaps that's another failing of the Hopper. On the ViP series, when you select or hit record on a future title from the guide, one of the options is Dish Pass, so you can go directly to setting up a Dish Pass timer directly from the guide. Sounds like they dumbed down the recording options on the Hopper for the masses, just like they dumbed down the DVR "list" with picture books.

There are pros and cons to both systems. That's more of a minor setback than a huge issue. They've been fine-tuning the interface since day 1. No other receiver has received so much attention from the software engineers. I could name a huge list of pros and cons for each setup. Overall, Hopper has far more pros than cons when compared to the earlier ViP series.

There are pros and cons to both systems. That's more of a minor setback than a huge issue. They've been fine-tuning the interface since day 1. No other receiver has received so much attention from the software engineers. I could name a huge list of pros and cons for each setup. Overall, Hopper has far more pros than cons when compared to the earlier ViP series.
Oh, I agree, but as an evolution of the technology, the few cons there are, are glaring because most of them really shouldn't have been removed in the first place.

Oh, I agree, but as an evolution of the technology, the few cons there are, are glaring because most of them really shouldn't have been removed in the first place.

I suppose that you could say that "glaring" is subjective. I don't really ever find myself missing the ViP series, personally (even though I still have a 722k.)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

It is a marketing ploy. Grocery stores do the same all the time. Move stuff around, so you have to look for it and may buy(in this case watch) something that you don't normally buy. Has there ever been any logical reason for Dish or any provider to move channels around.
I don't know where any channel is. That is what favorite lists are for.

I have no idea why the channels were moved...

But I do see it has brought on the "if I won the lottery" daydream.

Its kind of fun seeing people speculating why the channels moved and what could be coming. Nice to see people dreaming about Satellite again. :)

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH....................the Humanity...................

Hindenburg-disaster.jpg

I'm thinking he meant to the rampant speculation that this is due to an impending channel dispute.

If it's about a channel dispute then DISH is going to lose a lot of content because SpikeTV is owned by Viacom and TruTV is owned by Turner.

I am getting the feeling Fearnet will not be around much longer... Getting word that UVERSE is dropping it, and my local comcast moved it to VOD only.

I think they still need to merge FearNET and Chiller into one TV Network. It makes no sense for Comcast to own two similarly themed channels. Comcast inherited Chiller when they gained control of NBC/Universe.

I think that the old locations of the channels didn't make sense anymore anyways. SpikeTV used to be TNN which was more geared towards country "music" and TruTv used to be CourtTV that would have fit more into line with the news channels but doesn't really fit now due to it's format of reality TV/stupid videos format.

Last edited: