Dish Customer Service not like the old days.

wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
$170 a month. Extra people at my parents house nope will not send a hit to old hopper on account for free previews. I can't describe in words what i think of dish network. If they think they can build a wireless network there joking them self's there customer service sucks.

The only thing that comes to mind is a new fiber promo.

Drop junk in the trunk dish network or Sling TV add youtube tv and i'll give you a free month of Gig service and a roku.

Really dish?? Were under lock down Grrrr....

Lucky we know have some choice OrbyTv to the rescue :)

Reactions: Claude Greiner
$170 a month. Extra people at my parents house nope will not send a hit to old hopper on account for free previews. I can't describe in words what i think of dish network. If they think they can build a wireless network there joking them self's there customer service sucks.

The only thing that comes to mind is a new fiber promo.

Drop junk in the trunk dish network or Sling TV add youtube tv and i'll give you a free month of Gig service and a roku.

Really dish?? Were under lock down Grrrr....

Lucky we know have some choice OrbyTv to the rescue :)
Is that old Hopper active? Did you move to a different recevier set like a 722? Why don’t you tell us what you have and what you had and maybe we might be able to give you guidance.

Reactions: AlaJoe and TheKrell
Is that old Hopper active? Did you move to a different recevier set like a 722? Why don’t you tell us what you have and what you had and maybe we might be able to give you guidance.

On account but not active. Gave some BS you have hopper 3 sorry cant help but thank you for your business lol.

dish.jpg

It would take more than a simple activation, not a hit, to set that up.

Nice sounds like dish network built complex stuff. I like simple and so do most customers. Dish failed in time of needed but i ran home got the orbyTv i had bought when they were $60 temp 90cm dish. Had the orbyTv up in less then 30 minutes.

I used to be a dish fanboy they are garbage now..

Reactions: Claude Greiner
I'm confused. You want to use the Hopper 2000 for free previews without activating it?

I wanted to get TV service so i tried to activate hopper (OrbyTV does not charge extra btw) dish said no. Ok fine at least give the free previews they said nope.

Hope that clears it up. We need a song.. The internet killed dish network and directv lol. "Well in all fairness ATT killed Dtv :)"

I wanted to get TV service so i tried to activate hopper (OrbyTV does not charge extra btw) dish said no. Ok fine at least give the free previews they said nope.

Hope that clears it up.

What was the reason they gave for not activating it?

What was the reason they gave for not activating it?
You have a hopper 3!!

I guess they have rules that make things hard and not simple for there customers. Probably part of why they have lost over 4 million customers.

They don't want the receiver used for future account stacking, because that receiver is supposed to be incompatible with a Hopper 3 system. That's most likely the reason.

Edit: I'm not insinuating that is your intention or what you would do. Just that's probably the reason for Dish's firm policy on not activating the receiver on the account.

They don't want the receiver used for future account stacking, because that receiver is supposed to be incompatible with a Hopper 3 system. That's most likely the reason.

Edit: I'm not insinuating that is your intention or what you would do. Just that's probably the reason for Dish's firm policy on not activating the receiver on the account.

Seems like a stupid reason. They could just say it must be connected to internet and come from IP address as all the others stb.

I remember Charlie on a chat back in the day was bitching about that on his own show lol. I have great respect for him. Just not what he let his company turn into.

SatelliteTv is doomed. We have many highly successful CEO’s committed to bring low latency high speed internet to rural areas. Streaming TV via low orbit satellites is coming and it’s going to be a game charger for rural folks :)

The actual reason is that the Hopper 3 requires a hybrid configuration. The Hopper 2000 is not hybrid. You can't mix the two. Think of it like owning a fully electric car and you have a gas car sitting in the back shed. Now you want the electric company to supply you gasoline for that other car because we are having a national emergency. You can't mix different technologies. You may not like the answer but that doesn't make DISH stupid.

Seems like a stupid reason. They could just say it must be connected to internet and come from IP address as all the others stb.

I remember Charlie on a chat back in the day was bitching about that on his own show lol. I have great respect for him. Just not what he let his company turn into.

SatelliteTv is doomed. We have many highly successful CEO’s committed to bring low latency high speed internet to rural areas. Streaming TV via low orbit satellites is coming and it’s going to be a game charger for rural folks :)

I don't think they have the resources to be inspecting every boxes IP address, and they have their policies and they're not going to break them in times like this, there's a Free trial of Sling TV, you could have not sure what the trial consists of but you could get that.

The actual reason is that the Hopper 3 requires a hybrid configuration. The Hopper 2000 is not hybrid. You can't mix the two. Think of it like owning a fully electric car and you have a gas car sitting in the back shed. Now you want the electric company to supply you gasoline for that other car because we are having a national emergency. You can't mix different technologies. You may not like the answer but that doesn't make DISH stupid.

That’s just assuming the customer does not know that I do and signal was fine :)

As you have been told, you can't have both of those receivers on the same system. They are not compatible. Why not just use a Fire Stick and Dish Anywhere?

Could have but the room is off in a far corner and was pulling high -70’s on 2.4. I was going to run over there hookup appletv YouTube tv and call it done. Well that did not happen lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)