Dish Customer Service not like the old days.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sounds like it is time to refresh your WiFi setup. :)

Nah, it’s my parents place I don’t think they have been In that room for awhile. Family member came in to hunker down.

But speaking of WiFi. What are you using? Liking it? I’m a geek love hearing what others are using and experiencing.

I’m not raging pissed anymore. Actually it turned out to be great.

1. I forgot all the good people to bs back and worth with satguys :)

2. I got to feel what my customers feel like dealing with these billion dollar companies. It’s been refreshing

Nah, it’s my parents place I don’t think they have been In that room for awhile. Family member came in to hunker down.

But speaking of WiFi. What are you using? Liking it? I’m a geek love hearing what others are using and experiencing.
So, what you are actually saying is that you wanted to place your Hopper 2000 at your parents place while your actual service is at your place. No matter how you look at that it is account stacking. If they have a dish already set up on their place you can probably just get all the preview channels already without activating anything.

Reactions: TheKrell

I’m not raging pissed anymore. Actually it turned out to be great.

1. I forgot all the good people to bs back and worth with satguys :)

2. I got to feel what my customers feel like dealing with these billion dollar companies. It’s been refreshing

I’m using TP-Link Deco M5 Mesh system. Great coverage over all bands throughout the house. Pricing is usually very good too.

So, what you are actually saying is that you wanted to place your Hopper 2000 at your parents place while your actual service is at your place. No matter how you look at that it is account stacking. If they have a dish already set up on their place you can probably just get all the preview channels already without activating anything.

No incorrect and false sir. Did you not see the picture I posted with the 5 devices on it?
That’s my parents dish network account at there house. I do not have dish network at my house. In fact the only dish’s I have left at my house are 10ft cband and 4ft ku-band. There owner owned and we’re collecting dust in there basement. Would seem like a simple thing to do.

I’m using TP-Link Deco M5 Mesh system. Great coverage over all bands throughout the house. Pricing is usually very good too.

Nice, How many units you have 2 or 3? What kind of speeds you pulling? What internet provider what package you have?

Glad to hear it’s working great :)

No incorrect and false sir. Did you not see the picture I posted with the 5 devices on it?
That’s my parents dish network account at there house. I do not have dish network at my house. In fact the only dish’s I have left at my house are 10ft cband and 4ft ku-band. There owner owned and we’re collecting dust in there basement. Would seem like a simple thing to do.
Then I will take back what I said about account stacking and apologize for the accusation. It wasn't clear from what you have said. It's still a mix of equipment that the DISH computers will not allow for activation because it is not a supported configuration.

Then I will take back what I said about account stacking and apologize for the accusation. It wasn't clear from what you have said. It's still a mix of equipment that the DISH computers will not allow for activation because it is not a supported configuration.
All Good buddy :) I would say that would normally be the case so i understand.

You have a DPH42 switch?
Yes, put dp44 in front and then solo node off that.

Should have worked just fine i think? The hopper was saying not authed and had all the birds.

On account but not active. Gave some BS you have hopper 3 sorry cant help but thank you for your business lol.

View attachment 144168
You can't have an active Hopper 3 and Hopper 2000 connected at the same time. I swear, sometimes you people sound like you're mad because you can't just put a square peg in a round hole

No, you don't! You obviously don't know what you're talking about and you think you know better than everyone else - but you don't and you're kinda making a fool out of yourself

Haha want to come over and check it out before you start running your mouth?

Your just upset probably because you like dish network I used to but its over priced compressed video with bad customer service in my opinion.

I'm Dave I roll as Dave if it makes me look like a fool i could care less i'm just true and genuine there cyber buddy.

Remember this is my opinion but that does not mean i don't know what i'm talking about and does not mean I know better than everyone else its my opinion. I'm not going to sit behind a keyboard and attack you but keep it coming its fuel i love it :)

Last edited:
You can't have an active Hopper 3 and Hopper 2000 connected at the same time. I swear, sometimes you people sound like you're mad because you can't just put a square peg in a round hole
Fill me in why?

You can't have an active Hopper 3 and Hopper 2000 connected at the same time.
"Connected" how what are you assuming i would like to know?

Last edited:
I just don't get it. Why in the world would dish not help people. Dish should "whatever you want to call the process" turn the free previews on for any usable STB period. Were in crazy time why not help people and gain new customers.

You think spectrum will keep some temp customers from giving away internet so kids can do school work? Yes probably a few but its the right thing to do.

Dish Cares about you and your family enjoy some entertainment on us and stay safe god bless america.
Dish should be cool and have a self service webpage where you can type in R and S numbers to auth the stb's for free previews.

Just my opinion :)

Reactions: osu1991
You have a hopper 3!!

I guess they have rules that make things hard and not simple for there customers. Probably part of why they have lost over 4 million customers.

wallyhts, I'm not in love with DISH and won't defend them, but you need to chill man. Take a look at what you're saying.

DISH evidently has a rule that they won't allow a Hopper 3 on the same account with another type of Hopper...........for whatever reason. You're all bent out of shape because the CSR wouldn't/couldn't break the rule for you. Their system probably won't even allow it to happen. If you really want another receiver in that room, then call DISH and tell them to bring one out and install it. It can be either a Joey or a Wally. If they're not doing installs at this time, they can send the unit to you and you can install it.

Or, you wanted to get service for free for a time while your parents had guests in that room. Okay, DISH probably ain't giving away service right now, even in a rough time. You think they should, they disagree. Heck, your local restaurant probably ain't giving away hamburgers either. Doesn't make their service garbage.

You're really sounding like a spoiled child who his mother just denied an extra brownie to.

You are a lot more techy then the normal DISH customer.

With the Hopper 3 system using Hybrid LNB's and other Hybrid stuff mixed it older Hoppers are not compatible with it.

But knowing you, you have a second dish setup, which for the limited DISH CSR's they don't know how to deal with that in their systems. And the CSRs DISH is using are not their normal good CSR's here in the US as most of the call centers have been closed.

In the past to get setups like this approved they needed to be approved directly by Viveck. (But hes not with DISH anymore)

Since you were a former retailer, perhaps you can ping Amir for help and explain to him what you have going on.

We live in strange times. I can't wait to get back to normal. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)