Dish Elevation Angle

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kirky27

Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
Hey Guys,

I have a question. I'm in South Florida and trying to set up my motorized system. My coordinates are:

Latitude 25 33' 39'' North
Longitude 80 21' 14'' West

My equipment:

76 cm Winegard (DS-2076)
Invacom Quad QPH-031 LNBF
Moteck SG2100 motor
Coolsat 6000
Chieta 4x1 DiSEqc Switch

What angle do I set the dish to? Some manuals say 40 degrees minus the declination and some say 30 degrees minus the declination.

What accounts for the differing settings and which is the correct setting for my location. If I try the 40 minus declination then the bolt/nut at the rear of the dish prevents the further movement to achieve that angle.

For my location the declination = 4.23 degrees

Thanks.

Motor should be at an elevation of 65º

Dish elevation should be at 26º

Use the RED line when setting elevation on the dish (see below)

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 246
Watch out if its a genuine SG2100 one side of the motor is marked for ELEVATION and the other LATITUDE.

Thanks for the prompt response. I have the genuine SG2100. The two different scales are on the different sides. But can you tell me why some manuals say 40- declination and some say 30 - declination? I am really curious as to why. And If you also have the winegard could you please post a pic of how you set it up to achieve that anle of 38 degrees. I understand that my dish angle should be 26 but I am really interested to see how you set yours up to get 38 deg.

Thanks
Kirk

I mean the SG2100 downloadable manuals some say 40 - declination and some say 30 - declination. I am confused why the same manufacturer would have different instructions. the picture that would help me is one that shows how the dish is attached to the sg2100 pole.

Thanks for your help
Kirk

Thank you Pete for your patience but if you check the link that you gave me just now in your last reply the manual states the dish angle should be 40 - declination. Yet you say the dish angle should be 30 - declination.

I am asking why is there a difference in the instructions.

Thanks
Kirk

I have the SG-2100 (DMSI), and the dish elevation is 30 - declination. Manuals for most FTA equipment are about as useful as a match in hell ;)

I think the newer motors use 30-

but older ones used 40- or something. If your motor came with a manual, the manual that came in the box is probably the most right one.

I used to have the same confusion on the 40 and 30 degree thing before installing my SG2100.

However, I remember reading somewhere then that the very original SG2100 mount has "40 degree minus the declination" setting, whereas the recent/redesigned SG2100 has "40 degree minus the declination" setting.

So, nowaday, we should all concern about the "40 degree minus the declination" setting.

Hope this helps!

I'm terribly sorry!!

I mean 30 as in follows
============
However, I remember reading somewhere then that the very original SG2100 mount has "40 degree minus the declination" setting, whereas the recent/redesigned SG2100 has "30 degree minus the declination" setting.

So, nowaday, we should all concern about the "30 degree minus the declination" setting.
============

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)