Dish falling behind in HD

Let's be honest here. In the end it's the subscribers checkbooks that Joe and Charlie are opening up. I don't mind opening up my wallet. But I sure don't want someone emptying it out on the table.

Too late,they already opened up our wallets with the $5-$15 increases.Somehow,I get the feeling the extra cash flow will be used towards an agreement with the evil mouse.

direct lets my area have memphis. why can't dish?

Dish still has their hands tied from 2006 with the whole distants fiasco (they gave distants to folks who technically didnt qualify for them) they lost the ability to provide ANY station not licensed to a market. So using your market (Jackson, TN) at the time (2006) all Dish could give you would be the ABC, FOX and PBS as those were the only stations in the market

When Dish cut the deal with the FCC a couple years ago it was made that DIsh could only offer a station to a market if there was no affiliate of that network (like NBC in your case). As of now there are only 2 exceptions.
WMUR in NH can be offered to any NH sub regardless of market
There are 2 counties in VT that can get VT locals and the markets assigned to them by Nielsen. That took a bill by a senator (or congressperson I forget)

man I hope he gets DIRECTV... he keeps PMing me and asking me about all these channels like I am DISH Network...

I keep replying back that I don't know and that I don't work for DISH yet he keeps PMing me regularly asking me what new HD channels are coming...
Then he'll keep PMing and asking you about DirecTV channels like you are DirecTV

I find it funny that HD has been around mainstream since around 2005.

Yet almost a decade later, we are still arguing who has "the most HD".

I think by 10 years time, we should of had EVERY channel in HD. The sheer fact that some channels are still in standard definition is just sheer stupidity.

Both Directv and Dish need to get off their ass and make EVERY channel in HD.
Not every channel is available in HD and that falls on the networks not the carrier

It's funny how almost weekly someone starts a thread about leaving "E" for "D" or the other way around, depending on whose site you're on. Mostly because of HD channels provided or cost. The main thing that would cause me to switch would be if one made a "obviously substantial" jump in PQ. Now that would seriously get my attention. The key words here are "obviously substantial". For that advantage I would pay more per month. Interesting thought. For a 20% increase in PQ what $% more would you be willing to pay?

his county qualifies for Jackson locals (his locals) AND Memphis (all of them) via Sig Viewed

This is an honest question; I genuinely do not know. So... DirecTV (and the cablecos?) can give out signficantly viewed stations wherever they feel like it, but Dish cannot?

Dish doesn't need more HD channels (excluding current channels under Disney dispute). How many more channels of not much worth watching on it do we need?

The HD channels they have need more decent content! Sadly, Food Network must make more money with reality "cooking" shows instead of actual cooking shows. Much like how Discovery stopped showing stuff about science because it just doesn't pay as well. Lets not even remark about what used to be called The Learning Channel.

Any topic he posts on it's Directv Good, Dish Bad, just ignore it.

OK, I was just curious. I like to actually see facts, so that's why I do a lot of reading on many things. Too many times I've seen things said/reported that had no basis in fact. So now I check and recheck in many cases.

Sd should go the way of black and white tv.

There are still a lot of B&W programs on tv. ie: Encore, TVland to name a couple.

Is Fear Net even broadcast in HD by the programmer. Anyway, Dish is not in control of making the programmers broadcast HD. How many HD channels are even available in HD, that Dish does not broadcast excluding the ABC channels.

i agree with you that every channel should be in HD.and dish needs get off their butts and add some new HD Channels

OK now I'll ask you a question. Yes I agree every current Dish channel should be available in HD as long as the channel is offered in HD. What do you do if the channel wants outrageous carry fees for HD? I'm not in favor of pay whatever the channel provider demands, that is why I left cable back in the 90's. And beyond the current channels that Dish carries, what "other" channels do you see out there that Dish doesn't have?

I started a thread a while back about what other channels beyond HD and RSN's and sub channels are out there that Dish doesn't have. There is even the special thread asking suggestions of what Dish could carry that it is presently not carrying. There is not that much out there to add from what I've seen.

OK now I'll ask you a question. Yes I agree every current Dish channel should be available in HD as long as the channel is offered in HD. What do you do if the channel wants outrageous carry fees for HD? I'm not in favor of pay whatever the channel provider demands, that is why I left cable back in the 90's. And beyond the current channels that Dish carries, what "other" channels do you see out there that Dish doesn't have?
Egad... don't ask him that. He'll post the list of a bunch of channels almost no one cares about.

I started a thread a while back about what other channels beyond HD and RSN's and sub channels are out there that Dish doesn't have. There is even the special thread asking suggestions of what Dish could carry that it is presently not carrying. There is not that much out there to add from what I've seen.
bluegras wants HD channels in bulk apparently. Whether they carry any content is irrelevant.

i do have a list of HD Channels that i would like to see added onto Dish Network such as The Military ChannelHD.
You have a list of every HD channel that Dish doesn't have. How many of the ones do they have that you actually watch?
i would like to see Dish add Three or four HD channels a month instead one or two such as the disney networks and we are waiting on Sundance Channel HD.
Dish isn't allowed to broadcast the Disney channels that are in dispute in HD. So you need to join a Disney web board to complain about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)